---Mobs---

Anything concerning the ongoing creation of Futurecraft.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
---Mobs---

Post by cats » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:36 pm

What new mobs will be included in FC? Skeleton, zombies, and endermen will be taken out, along with all Nether mobs. Obviously there'll be new, more useful NCPs, but what others? What uses will the new mobs have? I have a few suggestions.

Raiders-Tech. level just under that of the player society (faction has flintlock rifle and steel plate armor, raiders have sword and leather armor) Tries to kill all players and friendly NPCs. Drops whatever they're carrying, a human bone, and a random thing.

Change Cow to Aurochs or Bison-Wild cattle. Brown or black, larger than normal cow, will fight back if attacked, and stays near others, forming herds. Not attracted by player-held wheat. Can be lured into a pen with dropped wheat or herded by dogs. They breed automatically when in an enclosed space and in the presence of a feeding hopper. When they breed, they produce domestic cattle. Drops raw beef, hide, horn, and an animal bone.

Cow- Follows the same basic rules as the vanilla cow, but stays close to others and is frightened by dogs and wolves. Drops hide, raw beef, and an animal bone.

Wolf- Groups with other wolves, attacks all herbivorous mobs, will fight if attacked. Is attracted by any meat, can be tamed by feeding. Domestic offspring will have a different coloration. Drops animal bone and carnivore tooth.

Dogs- Offspring of Wolves, Basically the same as vanilla. Can be used to herd sheep, bison/aurochs, and cows. Drops animal bone and carnivore tooth.

Sheep- Like vanilla sheep, but are frightened by dogs and have a tendency to herd. Drops animal bone and sheepskin, small chance of dropping mutton.

Horse- Attracted by apples, wheat, and any other fruit/vegetables. Tamed by feeding, ride-able with saddle, can be used in mills and other facilities. Drops hide and animal bone.

Boar- Wild pig, fights back if attacked, attracted by fruits/vegetables, tamed by domestic breeding. Drops hide, animal bone, and tusk

Pig- Same as vanilla, drops animal bone and raw pork.

Bear- Attacks player and all mobs except for other bears, scares away all other mobs, much slower than dog and horse. Can be domesticated by luring it into a pen with a feeding trough, then placing cooked mutton, cooked porkchop, steak, any kind of berry and human bone into the trough. Can wear bear armor, can be ridden (who doesn't want a bear sidekick?).

Dragon- Rare, dangerous reptilian-avian. Dragons can fly short distances, can be up to 7m head to tail, and have a strong melee attack. Attacks everything, lays one egg in its life. If egg is found, it can be picked up and domesticated by being submerged in water. If the egg is in water when it is hatched, the young dragon will not attack any player. The young dragon must be fed any kind of raw meat to be fully domesticated. When domestic dragons breed, they produce a predomesticated egg. Dragons drop dragonskin, animal bone, carnivore tooth, and sometimes a dragon skull.

Beetle- Rare, giant, hard shelled insect. High health, low attack power, and low speed. Will 'run' away if attacked once. If attacked again, it will 'fight' back. Can be lured with any food item. Tamed by eating from a feed trough. Drops chitin.

Items:
Feeding trough- Place in an enclosed pen, then put animal food in it. Feeds livestock and pets automatically if the right food is supplied. Domestic animals will breed more often if they are within 10 meters of a feeder.
Chitin- Used to make armor, weapons, medicines, poisons, and dyes.
Bear Armor- Made with hide, iron, horn/tusk. Makes your bear into a slightly more awesome bear.
Dragonskin- Make sexy, sparkly armor.
Dragon Skull- Makes a neat helmet, hang it in the mess of your ship.
Carnivore tooth- Can be used to decorate armor and make some weapons.
Horn/Tusk- Basically the same thing, just different name. Can be used to make weapons (sharper than iron, doesn't last as long)
Hide- Can be used to make hide armor and leather.
Leather- Made from tanning Hide. Can be used to make leather armor, leather jacket, saddle, etc.
Animal Bone- Can be used to make fertilizer, about 50% chance of dropping.
Sheepskin- Can be used to make wool and leather, 75% chance of drop
Human Bone- Can be used to make fertilizer and to clone NPCs, also used in the taming of bears.

Breeding
I think that there should be males and females of a species. Male cattle could produce horns, females milk. Male pigs could have tusks. Obviously, you'd need a male and female of a species to produce offspring. There should also be a gestation period that varies from animal to animal.

Notes
If it makes you feel more comfortable, call the dragon a flying lizard or something.
Last edited by cats on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Re: ---Mobs---

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:56 pm

Not future-y. Make space mobs, not ground ones. If this were another mod, however, very good.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Drop: boars bears and horses
Add: Space whales
kill them for the rare space gems that form inside them from consuming gas in weird space gas collections.

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Yes, we need ALL the space whales in Futurecraft.
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:03 pm

Tunnelthunder wrote:Drop: boars bears and horses
Add: Space whales
kill them for the rare space gems that form inside them from consuming gas in weird space gas collections.
No real need for boars and pigs, meat is already covered by other mobs.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:06 pm

This seems really complex, and a bit over done. I think we can be fine with out the boars bears and horses they would all be made pointless by technology.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:37 pm

Tunnelthunder wrote:This seems really complex, and a bit over done. I think we can be fine with out the boars bears and horses they would all be made pointless by technology.
But the system in vanilla is soooo boooring. Bear I just put in because I didn't include that many hostile mobs. Boars adds complexity to the pig's breeding system, but I've said before pigs are mostly pointless anyway. Horses would just be a nice way to get around before you have automobiles, and then they can be used for work animals. Maybe if you have a stable with horses your NPCs will be happier? Raiders could ride horses even when they reach the highest possible tech.

I'm surprised no one's said anything about dragons yet.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:39 pm

Not interested. You could just add a new mob pack from a different mod. Something small like that would probably still work.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:40 pm

Pretty much what ACH said. This isn't a bad idea for a mod, but it's not FC in that it has nothing whatsoever to do with the future. Our mod topic is already probably to broad to ever be finished satisfactorily, so expanding it further is silly.

EDIT: Ninja'd by an aye-aye. I'm losing my touch.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:20 am

Compared with Copernicus or any other major aspect of FC, this is just a tiny little part. Some modeling, some texturing, some coding. Just a minor update that will expand a large portion of MC. Mobs need to be dealt with. New systems and mechanics. Not everything can be futuristic, there won't be robotic milk cows or cyborg chickens, that'd be stupid. Some things will always stay the same, we just need to take 'the same' and make it better. My suggestions are just that-suggestions. The reason for this topic is to draw a little attention toward the possibility of enhanced mobs.

hah. cod-ing=coding.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:24 am

catsonmeth wrote:robotic milk cows or cyborg chickens

I'd say it'd be pretty * awesome.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:25 am

Vinyl wrote:
Spoiler:
catsonmeth wrote:robotic milk cows or cyborg chickens

I'd say it'd be pretty * awesome.
Oh dammit.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:28 am

And for the ones you'd milk:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re:

Post by cats » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:29 am

Spoiler:
Vinyl wrote:And for the ones you'd milk:
'-_-"
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:31 am

And chickens: