Non-weapon items

Anything concerning the ongoing creation of Futurecraft.
ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225
Non-weapon items

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Since we already have topics for both hand held and ship based weapons, I figured I would make a topic for non-combat items and objects.

Handheld devices-
TAC-PAD- Kinda like a sign or a book, only it can hold maps and receive/send private messages. Also might have a tracking thingy.
Welder- Used to weld things together with iron/steel/ect blocks. Bigger version is used to make ships, but is mostly used for repairs.
Radar module- Does radar. Placed.
Beacon/flare- Used to signal friendly forces for things like air strikes or pickup. Comes in all sorts of colors.
Jammer- Jams radar and wireless transmissions. Placed.
Medkit- Heals slowly after use. Does not replenish hunger. Will continue to heal until full health.
MRE Ration- Meal, Ready to Eat. Most nutritious crud planetside. Replenishes 5 hunger points and makes you wish you joined the Naval forces.

Ship mounted-
Holotable- Shows maps and information. Sort of like a big TAC-PAD
Ship core- Heart of the ship. Possibly slipspace drive. Varies in size.
Repair drone- Goes around ships and repairs. Seeks out vacuum. After 1 MC day, returns to a charging station
Charging station- Recharges drones.
Life support- Generates air within the confines of the ship. Near Core.
Generator- Generates power. Type can be varied.
Radar scanner- Scans area around for about 1k blocks for nhostiles. Also scans planets for hostiles and exposed mineral deposits.
DRADIS- Upgraded Radar. Triple the distance and power.
Jammer- Jams enemy radar and comms for 1k blocks around.
Communications array- Sends signals that can be intercepted and listened to if not encrypted. Can be jammed.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Non-weapon items

Post by cats » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Cores, machines, joints (please?), crafting tables, cloners, cryochambers, tractor beams, repulsor beam, engines, radio, screens, computers, wires, etc. etc. etc.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:24 pm

robot pets, mining bots...

the dev team has a lot of work to do

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:36 pm

blockman42 wrote:robot pets, mining bots...

the dev team has a lot of work to do
Exactly what I was thinking. SOOOO MUUUCH CONTENT.

(offtopic) What the devs really need is for someone to tell them exactly what needs to be done. An organizer.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:12 am

That's Mack.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:28 am

Could the radar/DR$ADIS and comms be upgraaded to cut past jamming (with a certain amount of success)?

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:57 am

Probably, for an additional power usage. Also, the stuff might need repairs every so often.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:19 am

ACH0225 wrote:That's Mack.
Mac's good, but more of a supervisor than an organizer.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:37 am

I like the name of the improved radar :) , they are all obvious ship parts. I guess we will need to think about resource processing machines like in tekkit.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:04 am

Iv121 wrote:I like the name of the improved radar :) , they are all obvious ship parts. I guess we will need to think about resource processing machines like in tekkit.
A complete list of materials would make that a lot easier.

MATERIAL GATHERERS:

Oil/natural gas drill-harvests underground pockets of gas and oil. No need for operator.

Horizontal miner- Similar to the railcraft tunneler, whatever it's called.

Vertical miner- Like the oil drill, but only mines solid things.

Mining beam- Tractor beam mounted on ships used to break apart asteroids and planet surfaces and bring substances to the ship.

Gas miner- Can be mounted on ground, low-orbit stations, ships, or balloons. Advanced gas miner is multi-block.

PROCESSORS:

Grinder- Grinds materials into dust and gravel.

Good ol' furnace- vanilla furnace, smelts iron and some other stuff. Produces slag as by-product.

-more.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:15 am

catsonmeth wrote:
That's because at this stage, there's nothing to organize. Except for the occasional good idea (like MineCrak's C.U.R.E), everything that people put forward is obvious (and I am planning something similar already), excessive (in terms of the scope of Futurecraft), or just plain bad (like, Cool3303 level bad). That's not to say that I don't want your ideas, someone's bound to come up with something that we missed, but saying "I think Futurecraft should have 'x'" is more often than not just a civilized way of saying '"I want haz big gun".

In short: input is welcome, but few things you say, especially in regards to in-universe content, I, Fr0stbyte, or the other DEVs haven't thought of.
This is a signature.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:19 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
That's because at this stage, there's nothing to organize. Except for the occasional good idea (like MineCrak's C.U.R.E), everything that people put forward is obvious (and I am planning something similar already), excessive (in terms of the scope of Futurecraft), or just plain bad (like, Cool3303 level bad). That's not to say that I don't want your ideas, someone's bound to come up with something that we missed, but saying "I think Futurecraft should have 'x'" is more often than not just a civilized way of saying '"I want haz big gun".

In short: input is welcome, but few things you say, especially in regards to in-universe content, I, Fr0stbyte, or the other DEVs haven't thought of.
We have devs that aren't doing anything and things that need doing.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:35 am

And they're being no more helpful to the productivity of the mod.
This is a signature.