Officially Non-Official List of All New Ideas

Anything concerning the ongoing creation of Futurecraft.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Officially Non-Official List of All New Ideas

Post by cats » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:36 pm

This is the place for you to list all of your ideas. The ones that aren't challenged I'll put in this OP. The ones that are I'll put up to a vote.

Please compile a list of your ideas and a BRIEF description of how they would fit into FC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Re: Officially Non-Official List of All New Ideas

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:38 pm

A massive firebreathing owl mech suit that can only be found in the galactic core. This would make for luls and encouraging exploration as well when noobs fruitlessly seek more like it.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:43 pm

I'm not sure I support this. As anyone who has worked with serious game development (i.e, cooler people than me) will tell you, letting public vote decide what ideas get in is not the way to make a good game. Most of the crap that we're getting in recent Minecraft updates is because Jeb adds features just because they get popular support, rather than because they improve the game.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:55 pm

The Minecraft community is so fickle. We hated Notch for ignoring us and our ideals 99% of the time, and now that the devs don't we have the nerve to complain they're not good. xP
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:15 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:I'm not sure I support this. As anyone who has worked with serious game development (i.e, cooler people than me) will tell you, letting public vote decide what ideas get in is not the way to make a good game. Most of the crap that we're getting in recent Minecraft updates is because Jeb adds features just because they get popular support, rather than because they improve the game.
That's why this thread is officially non-official. The jumble of ideas that people come up with is a [repeat]huge, unruly cluterf*ck[/repeat] and they need to be set so the devs can pick and choose and be inspired by our magnificent ideas.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:19 am

Good.
But be aware of n00bs who might post stuff that is as OP as *Mackeroth-banned-vessel-name-here* or just doesn´t fit (e.g. nyan cat-powered generator or general troll physics)
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:23 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:Good.
But be aware of n00bs who might post stuff that is as OP as *Mackeroth-banned-vessel-name-here* or just doesn´t fit (e.g. nyan cat-powered generator or general troll physics)
*BANG BANG BANG* They've already been shot down.
— David Langford
Spoiler: