Futurecraft community gaming.
ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225
Re: Skyrim

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:01 am

Except the story lines, which are far superior. You also didn't experience a ton of other magic types.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:23 am

While Oblivion is probably a good game, it's not on the list (or at least not at the top of the list) for the moment. I'm gonna finish Assassin's Creed (probably the entire Assassin's Creed series), Mass Effect 3 which I still haven't gotten to, maybe Half-Life, maybe Call of Duty or Battlefield (not sure about those, they're a bit further outside my normal interest range than most of the others) and probably a couple other games first at the very least.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:37 am

"Finish" ? You plan to play single player of BF or CoD ? Those games are solely multiplayer, unless you like that kind of gameplay you have nothing to look for in those games ... unless you are planning on playing the early ones, mostly CoD 1,2 stuff like that, maybe 4, from there on they are pretty much identical, BF on the other hand is even more crap, especially BF3 and 4, those prob got as bad as you can possible get.

If you do plan to paly the early CoDs then you might also wanna give a try to medal of honor (the early ones, the latest two in modern setting are not MoH for me), the last one in the series is Airborne I think which was decent though not as good as allied assault was at a time.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:40 am

Er, yes. I always start with the first game (well, OK, so I didn't with Skyrim, but everywhere else). That's why I got Halo CE from 2003, and X:BTF from 1999. I would begin with the original Call of Duty. It's on Steam IIRC.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:43 am

The first CoD game wasn't actually that bad, they just went very mich downhill after the first one.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:48 am

yea, Id cap it at modern Warfare not including, though passing through so many WW2 shooters in one go will prob get to you, (if you start to play MoH and other stuff). Also WW2 CoD and MoH games are not linked to each other story-wise so you can easily skip games out of the series and only play the best ones. Again Medal of Honor allied assault is considered prob as the best WW2 shooter (Omaha beach left a really deep impression on gamers of that time though since then it was redone like 1,000 times by diff games to imitate the success of MoH: AA, though that game had much more to offer apart from shaky amphibian boats getting blown apart by Germans).

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:52 am

I don't think there's any way I'd go through the entire CoD series. xD There are, like, thirty of them, aren't there? I would play the first one, and maybe a modern one if I enjoyed it. Probably wouldn't play bot CoD and MoH, either; I'd likely pick one of those. They're all a fair ways down the list, though.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:55 am

Hehe you gonnap aly BF and CoD but won't paly MoH:AA ? I would have cut out the entire BF and CoD series out of thel sit and put that one game in.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:58 am

All of those games are pretty much the same as far as I'm concerned. What's on the list is more like 'well-known WW2 FPS' than any particular game.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:05 am

Well again take advice from someone who played a bit of each and take MoH:AA if it really doesn't matter for you which to take.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:08 am

Also, Jedi quick thing. Everybody needs to return to topic, or do you want me to not enforce that in this thread?

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:20 am

Nah, that's OK here. This is off the topic of Skyrim but we're still talking about my gaming which is what the thread was always really about anyway. xD

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Unity
IGN:Pat22 or something

Post by Pat22 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:27 pm

Kzin wrote:
Saravanth wrote:You should seriously consider increasing the difficultiy.
Even on Legendary I would have only needed one more hit, and I could have easily gotten that. I was behind him and invisible.
I'm a bit late on this but -

Have you even tried Legendary?

Legendary is the difficulty in which you find out after going to Riverwood and entering the Nord ruins near it for the golden claw quest that Restless Draugr, the second level of Draugr, take literally 100 sword hits to kill, and he kills you in one.
So you go grind mats, level up professions, upgrade your gear and level up, and then go back to that Restless draugr with new skills and weapons and manage to take him down only to find out in the next room that there's now the next level of enemy, and he'll take another 100-ish hits from your upgraded weapons to kill and he one-shots you.
Oh and the first quest dragon? Might as well hide in the tower and let the guards take him down because there aren't enough arrows in all of Skyrim to bring it down.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:52 pm

Doesn't that sound like pointless grind ? There is a diff between that and true difficulty raise, dark-souls-like.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:55 am

Pat22 wrote:Oh andthe first quest dragon dragons in general? Might as well hide in the tower and let theguards essential NPCs take them down because there aren't enough arrows in all ofSkyrim nirn to bring 'em down.
ftfy.
I can relate to this.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.