Futurecraft community gaming.
Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF
Re: Skyrim

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:47 pm

Kzin wrote:
Daynel wrote: Yeah, trying to level up enchanting as well.
Way I see it, if you're gonna enchant your weapons and armor you either do it properly or not at all.
Keep in mind that the amount of experience you gain from enchanting is proportional to the value of the enchantment you create. Fortify Sneak tends to be the most expensive one, so dropping that onto hundreds of really cheap helmets or rings is the most efficient way to level.
That's exactly what I do, and I've almost reached level 60.
Or well, cheap and cheap, I find so much gems and valuable metals that I nearly shit expensive rings and necklaces.
And @Pat, I don't really do magic on my Dovahkiin char. He's supposed to be the Dragonborn of legend, a True Nord, that's why I use light armor for him, and since nords in general believe magic to belong to "weaker races", the only magic I use is shouts and enchanted stuff.
And I've never really gotten into alchemy much, but I may on my mage or on my khajit.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Unity
IGN:Pat22 or something

Post by Pat22 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:17 pm

I'm curious as to how many people actually use alchemy and poisons.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:24 pm

I didn't see any particular need for alchemy besides Fortify Enchanting potions. I leveled it up to 100 so I could have those, but I virtually never drank potions in combat except for the ones that fill health and Magicka.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:27 pm

I use it mostly for the poisons. Pretty neat things, those are.

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:31 pm

For example, my current one-handed skills and alchemy skills are pretty equal, in fact alchemy might be a bit weaker. My skyforged steel sword deals 47 damage, as I previously stated.
The strongest poison I can make deals 50 damage, more than doubling my damage, while also slowing enemy movement speed by 50%, and with the addition of a third ingredient, it will also make them like 30% weaker to future poison damage

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:32 pm

But not just damage, paralysis poison might just be the best thing ever. With the perk for poisons to last two strikes, and dual-wielding weapons, you can run through a crowd and hit four people with it, stunning all of them for 10-15 seconds, allowing you to cut them to pieces.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:56 pm

Well if they get hit by my posion there won't be a need to cut them, they are dead already.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:58 pm

If you're on easy, yes.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:10 am

I wonder what my difficulty settings have to do with anything, in fact thanks to the little mods I DLed back in the time I played it, it is very likely my game is much harder than yours, and I do not consider grinding as hard, in fact in most properly hard games you are as powerful as the enemy, just one blow of each side is quite deadly meaning one mistake and you're toast, if all I have to do is to hit the enemy 100 more times than usual it doesn't really count as hard, only annoying.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:41 am

Iv121 wrote:I wonder what my difficulty settings have to do with anything
Um, it applies a flat modifier to your damage. If you're playing on Easy, regardless of what mods you may have, you're doing eight times more damage than someone playing on Legendary. That's obviously extremely relevant to your poison OHKing enemies. Try to be less of a sarcastic ass.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:48 am

Hey he tried to be an ass too, though really it doesn't have to do with anything, I can just as easily make a poison that will KO ppl in one go on legendary so my words apply, I know what Im talking about LJS I sticked around for enough time inside the guts of TES games.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:54 am

Iv121 wrote:Hey he tried to be an ass too, though really it doesn't have to do with anything, I can just as easily make a poison that will KO ppl in one go on legendary so my words apply, I know what Im talking about LJS I sticked around for enough time inside the guts of TES games.
video
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:38 am

Video ? You mean you want me to make a vid ? No time nor apparatuses for that (No space on HDD either :tongue:), well it all depends on the method you use to create that poison, there are a few tricks that can be used to increase the potential strength of your poison plus the standard poisons themselves will prob suffice to kill the weaker foes you encounter. Enchanted items are very helpful when it comes to increasing the poison's strength BTW.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:18 am

Iv121 wrote:the standard poisons themselves will prob suffice to kill the weaker foes you encounter.
On Legendary difficulty the strongest standard potion in the game will not OHK any enemy stronger than a Skeever. Not even a skeleton. It only barely kills the Skeever. To OHK a Restless Draugr you would need a potion to hit for 700 damage. You can do that with the Restoration loop (you can make an iron dagger OHK an Ancient Dragon from the front with the Restoration Loop), but I'm gonna need a citation before I believe that you can do that without serious exploitation of bugs. And Restless Draugr are fairly weak enemies, at that.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:28 am

Well ofc you get your standard enchantment potion thing. using your alchemy create a bunch of potions that increase enchantment, create a ring or something that increase your alchemy, use that to create your poison, enjoy (Not too useful gameplay-wise due to being OP like hell but useful to prove my point, combine that with stamina drain or paralyze and laugh as they fall down on their knees before you, or drain their stats such as speed over time to see them starting to run towards you at full speed just to end up in slow-mo after a few secs, funny stuff is alchemy). OFC even with standard enchanting you can bring your alchemy up quite high, with that mod that improves enchanting I got one enchantment on each armor slot you have including rings and amulets, that is how I make my poisons.