Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu May 02, 2013 6:18 pm

ps: anyone able to make sense of this?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Rome

Post by Luna » Thu May 02, 2013 6:35 pm

I have no idea what this game is about because i'm to lazy to look it up and that trailer was a little violent for the fc forum but I don't really care and that was a horrible trailer because it did not demonstrate what the game is and this is a run on no longer.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Thu May 02, 2013 6:40 pm

The video depicted Roman buildings as white. All credibility is thus lost.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Thu May 02, 2013 6:40 pm

@Cats

You think that was violent? I must be pretty far desensitized then...
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Thu May 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Yeah, that wasn't all that horribly violent. Two people were killed, little blood was shown, the actual killing blow took place off-screen. Violent in this context would have meant a couple of legions of troops hacking each other into little pieces.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Thu May 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Rome was an extremely brutal civilization, I would say that is a very romanticized view of them.
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu May 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:The video depicted Roman buildings as white. All credibility is thus lost.
Ever since when were Roman buildings not white? :/
CatsVsNinjas wrote:I have no idea what this game is about because i'm to lazy to look it up and that trailer was a little violent for the fc forum but I don't really care and that was a horrible trailer because it did not demonstrate what the game is and this is a run on no longer.
Too lazy to look it up, yet not lazy enough to post baseless criticism. Right. I take it you'd prefer something like

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Thu May 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Tiel wrote:
Too lazy to look it up, yet not lazy enough to post baseless criticism. Right. I take it you'd prefer something like
CRITICISM!? I just wrote down what I thought, what was criticizing? plus it takes pushing buttons to type that long winded sentence, while it takes pushing buttons and moving a mouse to... you know what thats a waste of time.
And now that I look back on it, I have seen and herd more violent things like this.
(I promise it will only take around 15 minutes of your time)https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qTT ... n_US&pli=1 (warning extremely graphic)
and if the graphics and other things were updated I actually would like to try that
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri May 03, 2013 4:02 am

Stop freaking bringing that up. No one wants to read your brony erotica.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri May 03, 2013 5:59 am

Silence, I'm locking this for 24 hours to let it all calm down. Discussion is fine, arguments are fine but up until a certain point where it becomes a personal matter.

In the meanwhile I will leave you with a gameplay trailer of Rome II: Total war, you can discuss it once I unlock this topic again.
Spoiler:

Prob my mood is effecting me today ... anyway next violator will get points.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:28 am

I unlock this now and I do not want to see any arguments.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat May 04, 2013 7:27 am

You locked this thread for having an argument.

The first thread that's been locked for over 4 weeks and it's because it had something almost every thread on this forum has in some shape or form. And it just happens to be mine. Really, Iv?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat May 04, 2013 7:45 am

Read carefully what you wrote down there, it was already almost personal insults. Arguments are fine but not this ... and really arguing over that ? If this bothers you go to the court of appeals , probably should have done it while the thread was locked.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sat May 04, 2013 10:48 am

Well that didn't take long, on a more relevant note, can you play as Caesar?
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat May 04, 2013 11:44 am

Judging by the first game it is more of your goal. See Rome didn't have a Caesar, instead it had a senate where different influential people set and sort of ruled over the free people of Rome or SPQR (Senatus Populusque Romanus - The Senate and the people of Rome). The senate had representatives of different roman big families , one of the more famous is probably the Julii family with the help of Gaius Julius. That guy went first to protect the Northern Roman borders against the Gauls then conquered many parts of western Europe taking parts of Spain, France, Germany and get a quite big territory for the free people of Rome, then came with a big-**s army back to Rome and conquered it too becoming an Emperor - Gaius Julius Creaser, so do you dare doing the same ?