EVE Online

Futurecraft community gaming.
Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276
EVE Online

Post by Tell » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:17 pm

So just recently I got EVE Online and so far love the game. I think some of you don't like it but that's okay, however if any of you do play it I was wondering if we could make a corporation and just do the stuff corporations do. If you are interested in the game then try the 14 day trial and if you still like it I would recommend getting the 5$ starter pack at gamestop.com. The Starter pack includes a lots of skills, weapons, modifications, a star ship, and a 30 day membership. So yeah I hope I can meet you on EVE.

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: EVE Online

Post by Luna » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:32 pm

What race did you start as. (I have the game) maybe we could start a Future Craft corporation.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:38 pm

Gellente but I just started so it would not make difference if I made a new character to get another race
Last edited by Tell on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:41 pm

My trial just ran out. I might start another. Anybody actually late-game in it?

It's a great and addicting game and I would love to dedicate my life to it.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:20 pm

You mean the job you have to pay for? No thanks.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:51 pm

So are we going to do this or what?
My IGN is: Theron Stetille

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:43 pm

Tell wrote:So are we going to do this or what?
My IGN is: Theron Stetille
I would but I cancelled my subscription until summer. It takes a lot of time off your hand if you wan't to actually do somethings.

But my race is Gallente, the drone boat people with secondary weapons as close range heavy damage dealing blasters.

Caldari are missile and gun boats, their secondaries are longer range rail guns.

Ammar (or Amarr never sure which it is) use lasers, which don't take ammo but use up your capacitor in a flash. they also have a couple drone boats, the lore goes that they are the second best with drone tech.

Minmatar uses projectile turrets, they use ammo but don't take any capacitor, secondaries, I don't know what they use for secondaries.

Anyhow this is how it goes for the turrets

Gallente/Caldari (this was taken strait from the eve wiki page)
Hybrid turrets are used by both the Gallente and the Caldari. The Gallente get damage boosts to their ships which allows them to get very impressive damage rates with the close range Blasters, while the Caldari get range boosts and generally have longer base targeting ranges on their ships, which allows them to get highly accurate, utterly insane ranges with the Railguns. Hybrid turrets are the middle ground turret, faring roughly equally well against shields and armor, but not quite as good against shields as the Lasers nor as good against armor as the Projectile turrets.

Ammar
Laser turrets are the weapons used mainly by Amarr ships. They need to be loaded with frequency crystals to be able to fire. Standard crystals don't get used upon activation, whih means ships using laser turrets don't need to carry with them large amounts of ammunition. However faction and advanced crystals will shatter after a large number of shots. They are also the most capacitor-intensive of the turrets. They usually fare best against shields. Laser turrets are divided into the two categories-pulse lasers and beam lasers. The first type has better tracking speed, more damage and rate of fire at the expense of a considerably smaller range, whereas beam lasers have a much longer range but deal less damage.

Minmatar
Projectile turrets are the turret of choice for the Minmatar. In general they have very poor Optimal ranges compared to equivalent Laser and Hybrid turrets, but they have a very long Falloff range which can mean they have much more random damage at long range. They also have the advantage of not consuming any capacitor at all when fired, as well as having selectable damage types with the close range, high damage ammo. They generally fare better against armor tanks.

Mostly Minmatar and Caldari but the other use it too.
Missles are guided weapons that take no capacitor to fire and never miss their target as long as they are in range, however target size and speed can affect the amount of damage inflicted. Unlike the turrets, missles do a single damage type at once but there are missles for every damage type at every size, allowing for perfect damage selection. This damage selection, high accuracy and potential long range makes missles ideally suited for PvE activities, and although all of the races have at least a couple of ships capable of decent missle fire the Caldari are the absolute undisputed kings at it.

Missles do have a disadvantage in that it takes a while for them to reach the target, which generally makes them not suitable for large, long range fleet fights.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:09 pm

So who has a billion isk they want to give me so I can get that dread?

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:45 pm

I'd be willing to do this. May change every 21 days.
IGN: Jennifer Riker Jouhinen, Caldari industry-person.
Last edited by Vinyl on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:21 pm

I can help. IGN: Would change every 14 days.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:22 pm

Maybe when I get a little free time....
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Instinct-XIV
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Xtreme gaming QC
IGN:InstinctXIV

Post by Instinct-XIV » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:22 am

Me too.

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:46 am

I played as Gallente for a while. The drone minions were appealing to me. I was about a month and a half in and I lost a brand new fully equipped cruiser on one of the NPC missions where you fly through environmental hazards on the way to a gate. I had done it several times before and got cocky, forgot to decelerate before reaching the gate and slammed into it. After that I couldn't get my ship to realign no matter what I did; the AI just couldn't work it out and kept twisting back and forth. It took several minutes like that before the environment managed to kill me. That was the point where I decided there was no way I could invest enough time into this game to make it fun.

Still, it was quite interesting, and CCP did so much stuff right.

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:24 am

So what race do we want to be?

Edit: Also If we do get lots of money maybe be can buy some PLEX

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:29 am

I might start a trial up and join this. I've played once in the past, and play Winmatar, for preference.
Reminds me of my dad's account. He flew a Typhoon. Nano'd the hell out of it, and it manuvered slightly better than a base-level Interceptor. Scary as hell.