Futurecraft community gaming.
Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_
Re: EVE Online

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:21 pm

EVE is still meh. Come back when VR becomes a thing and I can live out my engineering fantasies in glorious reality definition.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:18 am

I have a dream that one day EVE and Dust will launch as one game, will have space station and space craft interiors and a first person mode with occulus rift support! (and a larger player base). Also, I want advanced medical technology to keep me alive for centuries so I can experience every possible scenario in EVE and Dust.
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:53 pm

...Anyone still play this? I haf account now. (slowly) training into covops and exploration.

(inb4 Vin's "space judaism" comment)

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:01 pm

First your hoard shekel now you hoard joke?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Error

Post by Error » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:09 pm

^case in point.

So it seems exploation is only worth anything in low or nullsec. Think I'll wait the five days until covops cloaking for that, thanks.

In the meantime, I shall build moar dronez. All the dronez.* Still need to find a warrior II bp, but I guess that's why Jita exists.

*Drones are amazing. A little posse of personal minions to throw at your enemies. Rawr.

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:01 am

^where are you going to explore? I might come and "visit"you >:D
But you're right, exploring is only worth it in low- nullsec. But if you think about scanning in Null, you should have every exploration skill at 5 or you'll blow up every single node.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Error

Post by Error » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:04 am

I occasionally do nullsec roams near Rens, so Heimatar mainly. Primarily in a Thrasher, so... glass cannon. That said-

Come at me, bro. :P

@Exploring; doing the mad rush to Cloaking IV for the Astero's covops, then training up all the other skills to a minimum of III.

Error

Post by Error » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:55 pm

Me (Stabber) and some random guy in a Raven engaged a set of Circadian Seekers today.

Blew them all away.

Got rekt by the drifter that showed up after the fight.

kek'd.

-For the uninitiated: Circadian Seekers are cruiser-class Sleeper ships that show up around jumpgates and scan anything nearby. Before the most recent update, however, they didn't shoot back if you shot them. Now they do, but have 'eh' damage at best - my Stabber-class cruiser could tank six of them with no real trouble. The Stabber plus a Raven (missile battleship) took time, but got through a full set of 10 Seekers.

On rare occasions, they drop Antikytheria Element - which sells for at least 8 million ISK/unit. If you can catch them without a Drifter (and you have a decent tank), go for it. You will make money.

Drifter Battleships are the latest in gloriously overpowered NPC ships. Showing up with their posse of Seekers, they scan stuff too.

You can engage them, but they have tough defenses and double-layer shielding. If you get past the first layer, they fire a superweapon at the target they deem most hazardous, invariably oneshotting it - the first engagement with one managed to get someone's carrier oneshotted. You can kill them with fleets, though, as you can just overpower their defenses with more dakka.

May or may not be Drifter-bashing fleets popping up around New Eden now. If anyone cares to join me, I'm under the character Markus Error in Rens/Frarn/Illinfrik systems, Heimatar region.

o7 fly safe.

Error

Post by Error » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:20 am

So I take it nobuddy plays this, then?

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:18 pm

Not a single one
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:15 pm

I don't need EVE Online, I already have Microsoft Excel.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:31 pm

I try to start it but it's to dam time consuming