TESV: Skyrim

Futurecraft community gaming.
Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF
TESV: Skyrim

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Sorry if there's been made a topic about this.

So anyone else got Skyrim? I bought it earlier this week, premium edition because there were no other available. Only difference is I got a T-Shirt, an IRL map, and a cd with the music and walkthrough and some other stuff.
Today I finally got home so that I could install it on a decent computer, and it is AWESOME. ALL of the Awesome.
Though I have a problem with my armor not being visible. It was visible earlier, but at some point after I reached Rivervood it turned invisible. Anyone got a solution?
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Alduin
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Dovan Empire

Re: TESV: Skyrim

Post by Alduin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:26 pm

i play skyrim, but never have seen this problem, is the computer a mac?
Nickname:Emperor_Revan(and roleplay)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:31 pm

Add it to steam, acquire all updates and unofficial patchs, profit.

Skyrim is rather dull though.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:MrTargareyan

Post by MrTargareyan » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:41 pm

I have a disturbing love affair with this game, but find the little quests tedious so am a bit screwed since I completed the main quests + expansions in less than a week. (with a little help from TIM)

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Hey, Targ. Get on Steam.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

MrTargareyan
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:MrTargareyan

Post by MrTargareyan » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Farseer wrote:Hey, Targ. Get on Steam.
Sos, I am trying (and failing) to get to sleep :P

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:28 pm

I love Skyrim, but I played the crap out of it, over a hundred hours easy, probably approaching 200, and my character is super OP and I just find everything tedious now too. I had like 3 different characters, 1 level 81 (boosted via Ohgma Infinum- bad idea) a 50 something, and a newer one which is a 20, I made him look like the guy in the Skyrim trailer, Dovakin.
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:00 pm

Well man you know what I say ? When you get bored with a TES - go to the TES nexus, get yourself a new game. So yea you lazy butts one hour in the TES Nexus (or skyrim nexus in our case) will yell you around 50 good mods to make the game a whole lot different, especially if you pick some game changing ones and replay the game. Spend a little more effort and you might reach the mod limit of 255 like I did with oblivion :tongue: , dunno if it is still in place, if yes you will probably need to bound together esps with the creation kit or something.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:21 am

I did that with the Fallouts (well when I got this nice PC, after playing them relentlessly on the Xbox), and some mods have complicated installs, most are incompatible, and some crash the game a lot.

But when you have them up and working properly, it makes a great game, I will definitely do that on the next Bethesda game.
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:26 am

They are not complicated to install at all - it all comes to copying the files to your gaming directory and enabling the ESP, Nexus even gives you a special mod manager that will install and update the mods for you, it will allow you to easily uninstall or deactivate a mod and basically make installing a mod a breeze, when the install is not compatible with it there are usually instructions added for manual installation.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:10 am

Some mods have outstanding assets that aren't compressed into the esp file, or have prerequisites. Though honestly by the time you've gotten to your 6th character, no mod can bring back the joy of wandering Skyrim's wastelands. Wouldn't know about Oblivion, only modded it to give the ladies jooblies.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:24 am

Oblivion was better than Skyrim, IMO. More to do.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:59 am

Really like what ? If we go this way Morrowind was way better :tongue:

No I'm quite serous Tiel you should take a look at my Oblivion installation, just the exploration for example - I have Morrowind, Elsweyr, Cyrodiil totally different with unique landscapes, many random planes not on the main map with some nice setting, the Midas spells for example adds many plains and gotta catch em all ! (the spells themselves ofc !), adds a new goal to the game. Spend some time in my personal arena at home (Ancient towers) summoning monsters and fighting them using my own monster summons, otherwise lay some chaos in the imperial city chasing people with their own horror (Thx Sheogorath !), the shivering Islands expansion is really good BTW go try it out, set a catapult on the side of a road and bombard the unsuspecting passers with explosives (also part of Midas spells), or take on the quest to get the hell out alive from Ivellon (Ivellon mod) which sort of a dungeon full of cool new unread. BTW you can also join the vampire wars (Get bitten and join a clan !). That thing kept me entertained for quite a long time actually. OFC I didn't play it all the time, I was like getting a bunch of new mods, trying them out playing them and then I could take a break play other things and later come back, install some more mods and do it all over again. Also I'm sort of a mod addict I MUST have the best and all in my collection so the process is nice too.

And finally if you really have no idea what to do and you think you saw it all in Skyrim go watch sips plays Skyrim, teh edits ! especially the middle episodes of 20 something when he was a noob and doing silly stuff like murdering ppl while they sleep , or the windehlm fiasco (well that was recent) GJ sips, you're doing it wrong and that's why its hilarious !
Spoiler: