Dead space 3

Futurecraft community gaming.
Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: Dead space 3

Post by Iv121 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:52 am

Nah mediocre :tongue: maybe it will have more effect when you're in tension for something to eat you this whole time, and again it is the surprise effect :) .
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Unity
IGN:Pat22 or something

Post by Pat22 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:54 am

Iv121 wrote:Nah mediocre :tongue: maybe it will have more effect when you're in tension for something to eat you this whole time, and again it is the surprise effect :) .
I didn't say it was the scariest, just my favorite. Plus it works a lot better if you're the one actually playing the game.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:13 pm

You get more scared by being chased down a tight corridor by an unstoppable monster, with lots of little monsters slowing you down. That is when it gets scary, especially if you run out of ammo for the little ones
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:52 pm

Prototype wrote:You get more scared by being chased down a tight corridor by an unstoppable monster, with lots of little monsters slowing you down. That is when it gets scary, especially if you run out of ammo for the little ones
nah. subtract the little monsters so that your putting every shot into the monster chasing you, and then it still doesnt kill it. thats scary. Sort of like the part in Half Life 1 / Black Mesa where your running down a train tunnel from a heavily armored and invincible monster, and the only way to kill it is by plugging in some wires (while it chases you) and then turning the power on, shocking it until it explodes. :D I admit I was not actually SCARED during this moment, however the fact that it had double flamethrowers and I was at 10% health the entire time really got my heart pumping. You also have to run under the things legs in order to turn the power on.
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:42 am

CommanderKobialka wrote:
Prototype wrote:You get more scared by being chased down a tight corridor by an unstoppable monster, with lots of little monsters slowing you down. That is when it gets scary, especially if you run out of ammo for the little ones
nah. subtract the little monsters so that your putting every shot into the monster chasing you, and then it still doesnt kill it. thats scary. Sort of like the part in Half Life 1 / Black Mesa where your running down a train tunnel from a heavily armored and invincible monster, and the only way to kill it is by plugging in some wires (while it chases you) and then turning the power on, shocking it until it explodes. :D I admit I was not actually SCARED during this moment, however the fact that it had double flamethrowers and I was at 10% health the entire time really got my heart pumping. You also have to run under the things legs in order to turn the power on.

This is exactly what Prototype was talking about. In every Dead Space game you spend a while being chased by an invincible monster. You blow him apart and he regenerates in seconds. Not only is he after you but you're also being swarmed by lots of regular monsters.

Prototype, do you know when you'll receive the game?

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:59 am

BTW just having a monster chasing you is not enough. You need to balance it so it doesn't feel too strong and unreal (they create some sort of disconnect from players) even though monsters ARE unreal :tongue: . Somewhat I find a human sizes monster stalking you from the shadows is more threatening, you know he can jump you at any moment and worse you can't kill it and you still have to run away from it because that thing is much tougher than you ...

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:06 pm

Iv121 wrote:BTW just having a monster chasing you is not enough. You need to balance it so it doesn't feel too strong and unreal (they create some sort of disconnect from players) even though monsters ARE unreal :tongue: . Somewhat I find a human sizes monster stalking you from the shadows is more threatening, you know he can jump you at any moment and worse you can't kill it and you still have to run away from it because that thing is much tougher than you ...
Nothing is tougher than Isaac Clarke. The guy's not only invincible but he's also got a habit of dropping entire continents from orbit onto whatever tick him off.

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Pat22 wrote:
Iv121 wrote:BTW just having a monster chasing you is not enough. You need to balance it so it doesn't feel too strong and unreal (they create some sort of disconnect from players) even though monsters ARE unreal :tongue: . Somewhat I find a human sizes monster stalking you from the shadows is more threatening, you know he can jump you at any moment and worse you can't kill it and you still have to run away from it because that thing is much tougher than you ...
Nothing is tougher than Isaac Clarke. The guy's not only invincible but he's also got a habit of dropping entire continents from orbit onto whatever tick him off.
I disagree I died a lot while playing dead space, issac is definately not invincible, if he was, the game would suck.

And the hunter is definately tougher than Isaac, just not tougher than a shutte engine,
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:19 pm

Prototype wrote:
Pat22 wrote:
I disagree I died a lot while playing dead space, issac is definately not invincible, if he was, the game would suck.

And the hunter is definately tougher than Isaac, just not tougher than a shutte engine,
I meant in the story, Isaac simply will not die.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:55 pm

And he has the power of saves - OP .

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:19 pm

Iv121 wrote:And he has the power of saves - OP .
You think these saves are OP, you've clearly never used an emulator, if you have, you clearly didn't use savestates correctly.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:25 pm

Prototype wrote:
Iv121 wrote:And he has the power of saves - OP .
You think these saves are OP, you've clearly never used an emulator, if you have, you clearly didn't use savestates correctly.
If you think saves are OP, clearly you've never played on Hardcore mode.
In Dead Space 1 and 2, Hard Core boasts the hardest level of enemies and you're only allowed to save three times in the entire playthrough.
In Dead Space 3, you can save all you want but if you die it won't save you, you'll have to start over from the beginning of the game.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:30 pm

That is just called pain in the butt. What I mean is that you can't quicksave every minute, maybe once per level or zone. And it was a joke ...

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:36 pm

Quicksave every minute, lol I quicksave every ten seconds (well, I'm talking about playing phalanx, not dead space)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:13 pm

I just had one of those moments where I'm stuck in a small room with three invincible hunters and other not-so-invincible things while waiting for a tram.