Nice job.
Spoiler:

Burnttoaster
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:um the i don't know

Re: its done my pack

Post by Burnttoaster » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:19 pm

also how would I get flan to put it up on his page?

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:22 pm

Contact him I guess.
Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:28 am

If you want that tank in I can probably get it working for you, provided you can actually export it as turbomodelthingy.

If you want me to do that, just give me a download link with the techne file and the texture, provided the shape rotations match up right I can have the model data ready for you.

Also did you make those iron sights of did you get them from somewhere.

Having had a second look at the tank, I can probably get it working without hassle, the only problem is parts of the tracks may be midaligned, but that could be resolved fairly easily.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Burnttoaster
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnttoaster » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Prototype wrote:If you want that tank in I can probably get it working for you, provided you can actually export it as turbomodelthingy.

If you want me to do that, just give me a download link with the techne file and the texture, provided the shape rotations match up right I can have the model data ready for you.

Also did you make those iron sights of did you get them from somewhere.

Having had a second look at the tank, I can probably get it working without hassle, the only problem is parts of the tracks may be midaligned, but that could be resolved fairly easily.
well it dose export to turbomodelthingy , but there parts where it needs some trapezoids but those part would be obvious

and I did make those iron sight, I basically open up arma took a picture then drew the iron sight based off the picture , I had about 8 made before my computer crashed in the summer and I lost all my work so I re-did it and learn the lesson to have it save on a cloud

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:27 pm

I can do trapezoids, just tell me where they are, but I'll do a version that's exactly what's been made in techne, just in case.

But I'd be happy to do that, I need the practise anyway (not to mention I can use your tank as a reference for my tank)

Also if you still have that fighter, I could probably get that working if you want.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Burnttoaster
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnttoaster » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:23 pm

Ok them well first off here it is (this include the techne file, the turbo file, the texture , and some of the pics I will shoe below)
http://www.mediafire.com/?90i5zgl5l334i56

now for how I am look for the trapzoid to be like,

for this the black part need to not be there and moved up where the red is

This the part the x need to not be there and make it a trapzoid and this is for both of the sides

now it may look good but i just hid it with the texture its really a square and this is on 2 sides( you will see it in another pic in the zip) so simply i need it to look like the way i textured it

the 1 needs to fill 2 and that that's x need to be slopped down

now this might be tricky i dont know really how to explain it but i was trying to make it look like the pics below( just no gap)

and that basically it for the trapzoids

mostly try to make it look like the pictures

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:46 pm

I will see what I can do about the trapezoids, but that could take some time as I'd have to rework some of the existing model, then assemble the trapezoids via the java file, shouldn't be too bad but it could take a while.

What I'll do I I'll convert the model you hav into a class file (with the turret and gun set up ect.) so you'll be able to do the rest of it (text files, icons, ect.), the model is already at a quality where you could release it, so I would suggest releasing this version of the model, then, once I get the refinements done, you can release the refined version.

I'm probably going to have to reposition quite a lot of the parts due to the way it turbomodelthingy renders it however.

The first trapezoid might have to be left out, at least at first anyway,

Second one can be done

Third one should be easy, though you'll have to retexture it

Fourth I will take a while, but I don't know about filling it, unless I work out how to make turbomodelthingy define shapes by custom 3d coordinates that may not happen.

Fifth cannot be done if four cannot be done.

I should have the unrefined version for you by Sunday (providing the model renders fine, otherwise it could take a bit longer), and I'll tell you whether the changes are possible/necessary.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Burnttoaster
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnttoaster » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:45 pm

for the 5th on I was think if the bottom corner 1 of was widen to meet where 2 and 3 meet in that corner that could maybe fill it in

and the 4th on I meant widen ether 1 or the numberless (or a little of both) on so it fills in that gap

Dux_Tell31
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Tellrim
IGN:tell31

Post by Dux_Tell31 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Great Job!
"This is Minecraft, sir. We don't make physics, we ruin them." -Fr0stbyte124
"We are made of the elements out in space, in essense we are the universe discovering itself" -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:27 pm

I'm currently trying to render the unmodified tank.

and I'm getting problems, however when i revert to trying to model my fighter model, which I know to have no problems with it, MCP crashes, and after fixing the apparent errors that pop up whenever it crashes, more seem to be created.

This is likely due to my MCP, not the model though.

I am going to reset my MCP and remake the .java file for the tank, which could be a while.
Spoiler:

Spoiler: