Steam Summer Sale 2015

Futurecraft community gaming.
Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: Steam Summer Sale 2015

Post by Iv121 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:14 am

Well apart from being metaphorical speech its a well known historical fact. Whenever people who were slaves all their lives were released (either by their masters or outsiders) they came back and asked to be ENSLAVED. Although slave life might be hard its the only one they know, we value stability in our lives and are afraid of change even if its probably to our benefit in the long run.

When the Israelites left Egypt Moses walked them the first 40 years in the desert to let the slave generation die off and breed a generation of free people (who will later also die off for 40 years due to being stupid at mount Sinai). That slave generation constantly whined to Moses about wanting to return to Egypt and how being a slave there was better than being wherever they currently were in and facing the various challenges they faced.

Take a more modern example: Is there a single dictatorship that got removed from outside and became democracy ? Or free in any way ? What would happen if you kill off Comrade Kim in bad Korea ? Whenever slavery got abolished in any of its forms it happened from inside, the African-Americans, the colonies etc. And even then the process was not immediate.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Iv121 wrote:Take a more modern example: Is there a single dictatorship that got removed from outside and became democracy ? Or free in any way ? What would happen if you kill off Comrade Kim in bad Korea ? Whenever slavery got abolished in any of its forms it happened from inside, the African-Americans, the colonies etc. And even then the process was not immediate.
Foreign powers beat the shit out of * Germany and they became democratic pretty much immediately, leading to them being one of the more stable states in the world today.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:08 pm

Except we pretty much dictated every aspect the governmental system of postwar Germany, more recent example haven't had the power to forcibly install such a system.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:54 am

Germany's experiment with democracy began much earlier and it was their own choice. When hitler rose to power that system was abolished but there was definitly a change in perspective. Germany is interesting in that it had 2 generations of free people and 1 less of a slave and more of an idiologically brainwashed generation. What is even more interesting is that the last free generation grew out of terror from their own deeds (or their predessesors to be specific). It made an immediate impact, nevertheless it was their own consensus to "improve" themselves and distance themselves from the * regime.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:08 am

>see unread replies to summer sale threat
>go to latest reply
>mfw we're discussing * slavery
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:59 pm

Not just * slavery, no, slave nazis by * slavers who are also slaves. and nazis.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:22 pm

> "Is there a single dictatorship that got removed from outside and became democracy ?"
> I give example of one
> "No, look, that doesn't count because..."

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:31 pm

I am triggered and offended by this off-topicness.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Back on topic, I got AC:Unity for half off. I was hoping for 66%, but my understanding is that the daily sales are usually as discounted as any given game's gonna get, and I can't say I'm surprised that they're a bit reluctant to discount a game so new so heavily. It'll get much cheaper when Syndicate comes out, but eh.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:06 am

The sale ends in slightly more than 24 hours.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Well if you are interested in teh prev deals you better hurry and buy something, otherwise let us begin repurposing this thread back into "* slavery" !
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:> "Is there a single dictatorship that got removed from outside and became democracy ?"
> I give example of one
> "No, look, that doesn't count because..."
Hey that really didn't count ! You can't do stuff like that:

"Is there a single example of anybody going back in time that we have ever recorded ?"
"Yeah in 'Back to the Future'-"
"Wha wha ? That doesn't count ! Its a-"
"Its recorded (xD) and its going back in time so quit your excuses qq "

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:22 pm

okay I am genuinely confused
that reasoning for it not counting is basically "it's a work of fiction" - and don't say it was just an example, because if you don't supply a general reasoning beyond the example, I am left guessing and have a right to be confused...
the Germany switching from a dictatorship to a democracy after they lost WW2... was not fiction?
also last I heard the change in mind and turning away from * ideology was partly facilitated by the American occupiers actively showing the population the crimes of humanity (holocaut, concentration camps, etc.) commited by the nazis, which had been held secret from them and which they would not have found out by themselves, leading to considerably more force behind the anti-* movement that followed.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:40 pm

Ended up getting Mass Effect 1 and 2. They really suck you in to the story. It's 3:30 and I've been playing Mass Effect 2 for 6 hours.
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:08 pm

CommanderKobialka wrote:Ended up getting Mass Effect 1 and 2. They really suck you in to the story. It's 3:30 and I've been playing Mass Effect 2 for 6 hours.
Those are pretty much the best games in the world. Steam says I've played ME2 for 107 hours. Despite the hate ME3 gets, IMO the gameplay itself is actually the best in the series, with my only concern being that the enemies are a bit less diverse than in ME2. The ending sucked, but the game's still absolutely worth getting.

Iv121 wrote: Hey that really didn't count ! You can't do stuff like that:

"Is there a single example of anybody going back in time that we have ever recorded ?"
"Yeah in 'Back to the Future'-"
"Wha wha ? That doesn't count ! Its a-"
"Its recorded (xD) and its going back in time so quit your excuses qq "
The hell do you mean it didn't really count? It's exactly what we're talking about.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:14 pm

Thats what I mean ! You can't count it when they switch to democracy on their own accord, thats the whole point of becoming teh free in mind !