Steam Summer Sale 2015

Futurecraft community gaming.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Re: Steam Summer Sale 2015

Post by Error » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:59 pm

Germany after WW2 pretty effectively got democracied by the Allies.

The other half got Russian'd.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:11 pm

In terms of actual topic material, I caved and got Homeworld Remastered. As someone new to the Homeworld series... I don't know what i'm expecting.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:27 pm

Iv121 wrote:Thats what I mean ! You can't count it when they switch to democracy on their own accord, thats the whole point of becoming teh free in mind !
If that doesn't count, is there any situation you can imagine that would count? Short of occupying troops forcing citizens to polling stations at gunpoint it's hard to imagine something that was less of their own accord. It took a world war to make it happen, after all.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Error

Post by Error » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:39 pm

@Fen: Homeworld is a very... strategic game.

Really, tactics boils down to assembling fleets or strike forces, and maybe some clever pre-battle positioning. The ships actually fight on their own; management unnecessary.

The story for HW1 is one of the best I've seen in a srategy game. HW2 needs a bit of reading to fill the gap between it and the first game, but is still verrae good.

If you're interested, I might be able to get you into a 1v1v1 match in MP at some point.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:59 pm

AC:Black Flag has dogs and you can pet them. AC:Unity has dogs and you can't pet them. What the fuck, Ubisoft?

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Its enough to dethrow the curr gov for them LJS, thats what usually happens.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:08 pm

Iv121 wrote:Its enough to dethrow the curr gov for them LJS, thats what usually happens.
Thirteen 'English' words and only eight of them are correct. That's a failing grade, Iv. xD Seriously, though, I have no idea what this sentence means in the context of our discussion.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:51 pm

Building on what Error said, Homeworld has a very dedicated modding community, bringing great mods such as Battlestar Galactica: Fleet Commander, Halo Homefront, Star Wars: Warlords, and many more, and that's just Homeworld 2.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:38 pm

You ask what counts I answered, use your head to figure the rest past my terrible , terrible English ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:37 am

While most HW2 mods (HW1 classic wasn't hugely moddable IIRC) haven't been updated to HW2 Remastered, they still work well and look good. I have BSG: Fleet Commander installed ATM and it looks quite pretty.

Also, I strongly reccommend the Homeworld 2 Remastered - Classic Fleet Intelligence voiceover mod. Replaces the redone HW2 VO with the classic one, which (to my ears) sounds better.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:22 am

Bought EU4 and DLC, Downloaded Extended timeline.

America became a Nationalist democracy, Obama rode an M1 Abrams into Cuba in front of a hoard of troops and killed everything. Then we began le ethnic clensing.
Also have alliances with Canada, Brazil, Germany, Italy, and Portugal.

Mien Glorious Furor.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:57 pm

So, actual review for AC:Unity, although granted from only six hours in:

---First, and I don't understand why Ubisoft hasn't been shouting this to the heavens, they've removed all the out-of-game unlocks from the Steam version! All the chests and items and stuff you had to play the companion app and the Initiates thing for before you can just open now. That's a major point in favor of the game.
---Second, I haven't had any of the problems people have been talking about. No crashes or bugs so far. I get awful FPS if I set the graphics to Ultra High, but I'm playing on High with no problems and the game looks fine.
---Third, the game reminds me a lot of AC:Brotherhood. That's probably a good thing for most people. My impression very early in the game was that combat was maybe a bit too difficult, with Brute guards taking literally dozens of hits to kill, but it turns out your default sword is a piece of trash and you can get a good one for pretty cheap. The lack of counter-kills almost certainly means you can't butcher huge numbers of guards like in other games (I haven't found myself in a situation requiring that yet, so I could be wrong), but fighting a few at a time is still totally reasonable.
---Fourth, the controls and movement while climbing are a bit awkward. I think I'm feeling this partly just because in Black Flag you didn't do all that much climbing; there weren't any dense European-style cities to do it in. The addition of the freerun up and down keys has changed the controls around a bit, but I suspect I'll be used to it in a couple more hours.
---Fifth, there isn't any damn reason for them to have four currencies, but I'm not sure it's a problem. I have no idea why I use Livres to buy weapons but Creed Points to upgrade them, but doing so doesn't bother me. I haven't seen any compelling reason to buy their real-money currency yet. The most tempting thing I've seen are maps, like those in Brotherhood, that revealed all the chests and such on the map, but I'm not certain yet whether those actually do anything after the patch that unlocked all the app stuff--a lot of collectibles appear on the map with everything else when you sync at the viewpoint in the area.

TL;DR I haven't seen anything that disgusts or offends me yet, and at this point I'm thinking the game probably no longer deserves the amount of hate it's gotten, even if it may have on release. I'll tell you guys if this opinion changes.

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306

Post by Tau » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:59 pm

I was trying to save my cash for antennas or something, but GabeN struck again.

I got:
-Skullgirls (the 2 pack, one copy was for my IRL friend)
-Every ARMA game and DLC ever, sans ARMA 3
-The Fall, a 2D point-and-click-y exploration puzzle game (I'm already stuck and it's only been 15 minutes - 11/10)

Overall, I'm happy.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:10 pm

EU4 glitched.
I have two Christopher Colombus's.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:42 am

@Jedi Thanks for that info, actually. You might have convinced me to try it out, at last.
Shadowcatbot wrote:EU4 glitched.
I have two Christopher Colombus's.
It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Wake up, sheeple.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.