Steam Summer Sale 2015

Futurecraft community gaming.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Re: Steam Summer Sale 2015

Post by Error » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:51 am

RT4x.

In other words: RTS where you conquer planets by force / brainwashing / partial glassing and then have at it versus other players doing the same.

Tip:if you ever play, Iv has a serious hard-on for the zerg rush.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:04 pm

Well its RT2.5X , its not exactly full sandbox RTS. Also Error thats territory control , territory control ! You'll give the kid the wrong idea, he'll come all with AoE and stuff >.> ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:13 pm

Archduke Daynel wrote:
Saravanth wrote:But what about heresy ;_;?
Dark Heresy is indeed more important than SoaSE.
What even is SoaSE? Another of those spaceship strategy games?
I consider it the best RTS I've ever played. That's not saying all that much, as I don't play that many RTS games, but I liked it a lot more than Starcraft.

I'm looking vaguely at the Witcher series, although I don't know much about it. AC:Unity is on the list too; I know it's supposed to be garbage but if I can get it for <$20 I don't care that much. Middle-earth: Shadows of Mordor, too, maybe, and X:Rebirth, which is also supposed to be awful but again can probably be had for very cheap.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:37 am

Got Borderlands 2: Game of the year edition and Chivalry complete pack (Which is 90% off)

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:08 pm

Keeping eye on Cities Skylines, Im pretty sure its gonna get a bigger discount than it has right now .

Otherwise mah backlog of games I wanna play is fairly empty, I need to stack up on feasible wishes ...

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:20 pm

Shadow of Mordor's 50% off. I'm tempted, tempted.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:32 am

Sins of a Solar Empire is 75% off right now. Absolutely worth the ten dollars. It ends in 2 hours, so get it fast.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Finally bought CoH 2 with 75% off, guess we are about to find out if it was throwing money out in the air when I already own CoH 1 (ppl complain non-stop about CoH2 but guess as a fan I cant quite let myself rule it out like that). Cities Skylines refuses to nudge :[ .

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:10 pm

Shadow of Mordor is OK but not great. It's very similar to Assassin's Creed, at pretty much whatever level you want to look at it, from the climbing around jumping at people to the counter-based combat that lets you butcher fifty dudes without getting hit to igniting towers to reveal the world map, and IMO it doesn't do that gameplay as well as AC does. You don't have to think about the climbing, because the wraith thing means you begin every ascent by jumping twenty feet straight up; the stealth system is much more forgiving, so much so that it feels decidedly odd at times (large portions of Mordor are totally flat, coverless plains, where sentries ought to be able to see for miles, but if you're crouched over you can walk twenty feet in front of an orc with now worries); the map feels very small, which is a problem in an open-world game--there are two areas, each only around three thousand feet (yes, feet, not meters) across, so the world can be crossed in just a couple of minutes if you don't stop to fight anything; I've played for 17 hours and have yet to be given a mission that involved anything except killing orcs. Main mission? Butcher orcs. Outcasts mission? Butcher orcs and then click on slaves. Bow mission? Butcher orcs from range. Dagger mission? Butcher orcs quietly. Sword mission? Some of the most ridiculous orc butchering imaginable, and a clear demonstration that the developers had no illusions that this was really a stealth game. I'll give them this much: the combat in the game is very much like what you see in the Lord of the Rings movies, specifically the bits where Legolas or Aragorn kills a hundred and fifty guys over the course of a five minute fight scene, each one in some new and horrifying manner. The first Sword mission I got involved me standing in the middle of an arena surrounded by dozens of enemies that were constantly replenished until I'd killed fifty of them. I got a bonus for landing a hundred consecutive hits without being interrupted. The orcs only hit me once or twice over the course of the entire thing. I guess it was cool? But that's not great gameplay, and if there's more to the game than that I haven't seen it yet. It probably wasn't worth $25.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:23 am

The one cool thing I heard about it is that you could like, make changes to the army of orcs by killing orc commanders and stuff, and replacing them with ones of your liking.
A bit like the United States.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:20 am

W8 w8 w8 you're killing off ppl in the US and put there ppll you like ? I thought this tactic was reserved to the countries of the soviet block O.o .

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:12 pm

Archduke Daynel wrote:The one cool thing I heard about it is that you could like, make changes to the army of orcs by killing orc commanders and stuff, and replacing them with ones of your liking.
A bit like the United States.
The Nemesis system is definitely the game's strength. There seems to be a lot of depth to it. It's got a bit more randomness than I'd prefer for something so central to the game, though--when you kill a captain, there's a chance (unless you use particular killing moves, a very good chance) that they aren't actually dead, and 'killing' them will have made them stronger. The problem is that, most of the time, there's no way to know whether a given guy is actually dead until either you meet him again or at some later point realize he's not on the list anymore. I found this made the effort required to kill high-level captains feel kinda pointless, since it may not have worked and, if it did, you won't even find out until potentially much later. I've had orcs sit at the down-but-maybe-not-out phase for hours, and also orcs come back after being beheaded. It's a cool feature nonetheless, though.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:09 pm

Iv121 wrote:W8 w8 w8 you're killing off ppl in the US and put there ppll you like ? I thought this tactic was reserved to the countries of the soviet block O.o .
What I meant was the US's love of killing off democratically elected leaders in places they feel need freedom and replacing them with US-friendly military dictators.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:07 pm

Its entirely the opposite, they have a tendency to remove dictators which ended up better than whatever came instead of them, have a look at Egypt for example. This country was better off with Mubarak, now that dudes in prison, the democratically elected Islamist Murssi is awaiting execution and one of Mubarak's old Generals A-Sisi has taken his throne , returning the old system back in place ... If you ask me democracy can only come from inside because its a set of mind, and not merely holding elections ... Slaves will remain slaves even when freed.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:10 pm

Iv121 wrote:Slaves will remain slaves even when freed.
wat