Steam charging money for mods

Futurecraft community gaming.
Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: Steam charging money for mods

Post by Iv121 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:55 am

By the way I've been also following whats going on the Nexus forums (for those of you who don't know Skyrim Nexus is the biggest Skyrim modding community in existence right now) and I must say people are in panic. I talked privately with some ppl I knew there and I was actually asked "How would you DRM your mod ?". People are afraid beyond imagining from mod stealing right now, it's especially problematic for script makers as copying and slightly modifying a scripts is dirt easy and unlike assets for example where its clear you stole them the second you see them, in scripting when the editing is done there is no way to tell. I remained neutral until now (yeah leaning towards non-paid mods a little) because I could understand those modders who put effort into their work and wanted to get something in return for it, but I must say, the DRM question hit home ... fk Valve.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:00 am

Actually, looking into this a little more.... Mod stealing is an issue, and it's going to be huge. I have no problem with modders making money, but at this rate it looks like it'll be tick easy for people to steal mods, make a quick buck off them. It's already happening, people are taking popular mods and uploading them as their own... And that's disgusting.

If you know someone who tries stealing someone else's mod, do us a favour and introduce a sledgehammer to their testes, we can't let them breed.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:27 am

Earlier this morning following discussion on the matter and the negative reaction of the modding community Bethesda and Valve announced that they remove the mod payment option and issue refunds to everyone who bought those mods in the past week.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:19 am

\o/
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW