Daynel's Game Recommendations

Futurecraft community gaming.
Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF
Daynel's Game Recommendations

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:42 pm

So I just got a new game (well, several really) through the recent Humble Square Enix Bundle. It's called Sleeping Dogs. I wanted to make a topic here about it to tell you how great it is, but I thought a whole topic for one game I don't think anyone else here plays might be a bit much. So why not, I'll start doing game recommendations and reviews and stuff I guess.

Sleeping Dogs is essentially GTA but with Hong Kong instead of America and kung fu instead of guns. And instead of being a criminal you're an undercover cop pretending to be a criminal. It also has karaoke and cockfights.
The combat is very nice, you punch and kick mofos in the face and crotch and everywhere else, really. You can also use the environment to your advantage in fights, for example by jamming someone's head into an air conditioning fan. The graphics are nice, and the general environment is very beautiful, IMO, especially during and after rain. Dat neon reflecting in the wet asfalt..
If you want to see the gameplay, I recommend you check out Totalbiscuit's video of it. Or I might make a video, who knows.
TL;DR Chinese GTA, and at the relatively low price of $29.99 USD (I think), I really recommend it, especially if it's on sale.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Re: Daynel's Game Recommendations

Post by Vinyl » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:46 pm

I'm just gonna stick with Anno 2070, Dawn of War, Dues Ex HR, Endless Space, Homeworld, KSP, Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge, Planetary Annihilation, Portal, Civ V, Sims 3, Saints Row, SoaSE, Space Engineers, Battlefront, Empire At War, Super Hexagon, Space Marine, Wolfenstein, and XCOM.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:35 am

Only 21 games? Heretic.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:00 am

Only 21 exemplars.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:39 am

I'm quite enjoying Dragon Age: Inquisition. Played about 50 hours so far and I'm not certain I'm half done yet. The control scheme was obviously designed for a controller, but other than that it's basically Skyrim but with most of the mechanics from Mass Effect, which is pretty great.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")