MWO

Futurecraft community gaming.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
MWO

Post by cats » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:15 pm

I've suggested MWO once waaay back when it was still in beta. It's a bit less fucky now; I think we should give it a go. It's a free download.

If you know absolutely nothing about Mechwarrior because you've recently suffered a traumatic brain injury or have been living in the wilderness since the 80s, it's a game series in which you pilot a giant, bipedal war machine. MechWarrior Online is the most recent installment and, as the name suggests, is played over the internet with and against other people. The learning curve isn't too steep, but it helps if you've played one of the previous titles.

http://mwomercs.com/ <download
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Re: MWO

Post by Error » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:20 pm

See if the installer doesn't pitch a fit this time. If it doesn't, I am SO in. Giant sotmpy robots FTFW.

EDIT: Also this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7w88yQVlVY

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:29 pm

if enough people join, I'll start a faction.

They just added VoIP with the last patch.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Error

Post by Error » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:53 pm

Got MWO working. I assume some of ye play.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:46 pm

I play, whats your IGN?

Error

Post by Error » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:06 pm

Alternis.

I'm technically Rasalhague, so I hope you're not really into factionwar.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:54 pm

There are other people that play? I thought this topic was entirely lost in the bowels of this sub.

My IGN is catsonmeth
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:24 pm

No Rifleman. I am sad; personal favourite of mine, especially with x2 ER Large Pulse Lasers and x2 ER PPCs. Paper for armour and runs hotter than a sun, but it will rek your day if it gets a few good hits.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:59 pm

Rifleman was replaced by the Jagermech centuries ago. I suppose you could run a JM6-S or Firebrand with PPCs and LPLas. The standard Firebrand build has 2xPPCs, 2xMLas, and 2xAC2s, so you could substitute the autocannons with LPLas and try to balance the heat with sinks.

The Catapult K2 has the same hardpoints as the FB minus two energy in the left and right torso(which you really don't need anyway), and it's for CB rather than MC.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:11 pm

Maybe. Main issue is JM's armour was absolutely appalling, even compared to the Rifleman.

I'll take a look at the CAT and Firebrand. Still gonna miss the 360° torso twist, though.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:49 am

The 360 degree twist was why I liked the Thanatos in MW4. The Urbanmech is going to have 360 but it's an Urbanmech.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:10 am

Urbie is... yeah. An urbie.

Finding the Blackjack (BJ-1 x2 AC/5 x4 LLas) quite nice; if I can, I'll replace the x4 LLas with x2 LPLas.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:26 pm

Holy fuck, just got 9 KILLS IN A LOCUST. I killed 3/4 of the team in the lightest mech there is.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:01 pm

Wow. Pint-size powerhouse, much?

Error

Post by Error » Sat May 16, 2015 11:07 am

I've started playing again. Anybody else?

Also, for a trial 'Mech, the Vulture Prime is preddy gud. Twin CLRM-20s and x2 LPLas and x2 MPLas makes for a decent punch. Just... don't try to brawl with it. Ever.