An important PSA on behalf of the PCMR

Futurecraft community gaming.
Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF
An important PSA on behalf of the PCMR

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:59 pm

Grand Theft Auto 5 is available/will today be available for preordering. DO NOT preorder it. The game will not release until march anyway, and while the PC port has the potential to be great, it might turn out to be a horrible game and congratulations you just spent $50 on another overhyped turd, throw it in the collection with AC Unity, Destiny, BF4, and Watch_Doges.
There is no reason to preorder anything. Since all games for PC can just be downloaded these days, it won't have a limited amount of copies. Nor will you get any earlier access to the game; in the case of GTA V you will still have to wait until march. Sure, you might get some different textures on one or two items, but would you rather want that than actual information on whether the game will be good or not?

Oh and some guy at the magazine PC Gamer, which I personally enjoy (at least the Swedish version), thought to be the only mostly-ok gaming magazine left, wrote an article saying that the PC Master Race should stop calling themselves the PC Master Race because Hitler called his homies the Master Race so idk I should probably tell you to unfollow their steam curator and follow the official PCMR steam curator.

As always, May our Framerates be High, and our Temperatures Low.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Re: An important PSA on behalf of the PCMR

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:04 pm

Also "Master Race" is a slight mistranslation of what Hitler called his people.
He technically called them the "Lord-Race".
And AFAIK it's legal if it's a shitty English half-ass translation.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:07 pm

Yeah, it's just a joke anyway. But apparently if you make jokes these days you are a racist homophobe, so.

Oh, and essentially the current situation for those who aren't up to speed with current events:
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:02 pm

No preorders.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:14 pm

Really, complaining about people using the PCMR term are just feeding the trolls with their *.

I find it rather amusing, personally.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:16 pm

My experience with the term 'PC master race' is that I dislike most people who use it seriously. That isn't a reflection on the term itself, of course; I think it's odd that anyone would consider it offensive, although I'll note that ridiculously overstating your opponent's position ("you are a racist homophobe") is a really shitty way of conducting a discussion and and immediately makes me want to support the other guy. I've just found that the people who really say stuff like that and mean it tend to be jerks.

That said, there's no good reason to preorder a game, unless you just want to support its development and understand that what you're doing is a gamble.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:30 pm

For LJS, I can only say that many of the really bad and cringeworthy PCMR members one might encounter (="anyone who owns a PS4 is an asshole", "you can't help peasants", "if you don't get 1080p 60fps you should kill yourself") are not people the rest of us count as members of the PCMR and we do not condone their behavior.

As for Fen's post, this is what the reference

cannonfodder

Post by cannonfodder » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:43 am

MW2 has aged pretty well.