Futurecraft community gaming.
Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Sunday gaming evenings

Post by Iv121 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Hey everyone !

It's time to move on with the social gaming stuff. I want to try and organize gaming evenings on Sundays when people are off so that we all can enjoy some good gaming together. One of the stuff we probably want to do is to communicate with each other during the evening. We can create a Skype conference but I find those quite uncomfortable. Instead I want to introduce you to a program designed for that: TeamSpeak 3.

It allows to host chat and voice chat servers with the ability to choose nicks, manage rooms (channels) and such. It is possible to either run a teamspeak server on one of our computers, to run it on a server (if someone has one ready for that or if you want to pay for a dedicated teamSpeak server which I think is a bit out of our budget) or we can create a private room on the main TS server.

The first option requires a volunteer with good internet connection, the second one requires an existing server or money, the third requires nothing and could serve us as a temporary solution though not permanent. It's possible to create there your own TS private locked rooms so the fact it's public only means we have limited customization options (You can actually add some cool stuff to TS).

Another stuff we need if a meeting time OFC. This Sunday I think we won't have a gaming evening. Instead I want you to write down here the time you can play on Sunday and Saturday in GMT time. Write it down in general, you are not forced to come at this time, it's just an orienteer for me. I'm sure all of you have a time you can hop online during those days. To convert to GMT time deduct your time zone from the time you can during that day (IF you are in time zone -5 let's say it will be your time -(-5) = +5). If the day changes as a result write down the new day (If it suddenly becomes Friday write it down plus the GMT time)

My times are: Saturday I'm available from 12:00 to 22:00 GMT pretty much because it's our day off and I usually complete all my stuff on Friday :) .
Sunday I'm available from 16:00 to 22:00 GMT
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Re: Sunday gaming evenings

Post by  ҉  » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:26 pm

I am not available for this. Ever.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Is that something you have against me recently or you are REALLY unavailable during the weekends ? It sounds a bit like "I'll never play with ya, EVAAAAR !" :)

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:32 pm

I am available for weekends always unless my friends call, but that means I am almost never available.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Tl;Dr: Games on Sunday, voice chat, games, GMT.

Sounds good

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:59 pm

My available times vary. I can join some, but no speaking. I have none of the microphone. Also, what games? Some ect games?
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Talon93
Cadet
Cadet
IGN:Talon93

Post by Talon93 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:43 pm

I can probably play mornings and evenings, which I think is around 21:00 - 1:00 and 4:00 - 10:00 EDIT: Times are in GMT

Also I am %50 likely to buy Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion today, So I can play that
Last edited by Talon93 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anything can be learnt, it is simply how willing you are to learn.
Dramatic Bold Italic Underline!

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:33 pm

Iv121 wrote:Is that something you have against me recently or you are REALLY unavailable during the weekends ? It sounds a bit like "I'll never play with ya, EVAAAAR !" :)
It's something I have against everyone, and pretty much always have.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:01 pm

I can be on as long as I'm not asleep and my headset mic shouldn't doesn't work.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Talon93
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Talon93 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:06 am

Talon93 wrote:I can probably play mornings and evenings, which I think is around 21:00 - 1:00 and 4:00 - 10:00

Also I am %50 likely to buy Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion today, So I can play that
Nevermind. I went out to lunch and while I was there I had a chance to pop into the EB Games store. As I walked past it that's when I noticed I was a fool and forgot to bring the money... >:(

I'll have to go grab it next week.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:32 am

As always I get nothing on the topic :[ . I'm glad Talon gave me his time but I need you to either use GMT time or give me your time zone.

Sometimes your passiveness is just killing me. C’mon people you think my schedule doesn't vary ? I give you the possible times as I know that it's hard to change such times and adapt depending on what time you'll choose. If I did that I expect every single one of you to be able and at least partially do the same. There is no use in all your enthusiasm about social gaming if you can't even arrange a gaming evening. I can't spy on you all day and write it down for you , you have to do it yourself. I will leave this thread open. When you mature enough to arrange a gaming evening just post your time here. If I get enough times I will arrange it but I cannot write the times for you.

Talon93
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Talon93 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:39 am

Iv121 wrote:As always I get nothing on the topic :[ . I'm glad Talon gave me his time but I need you to either use GMT time or give me your time zone.

Sometimes your passiveness is just killing me. C’mon people you think my schedule doesn't vary ? I give you the possible times as I know that it's hard to change such times and adapt depending on what time you'll choose. If I did that I expect every single one of you to be able and at least partially do the same. There is no use in all your enthusiasm about social gaming if you can't even arrange a gaming evening. I can't spy on you all day and write it down for you , you have to do it yourself. I will leave this thread open. When you mature enough to arrange a gaming evening just post your time here. If I get enough times I will arrange it but I cannot write the times for you.
I should have labelled them, I meant it in GMT, sorry :s

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:57 am

I will be available 24/7 every Sunday of the month.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

If this is ever gonna take off, make a separate topic for games, and have a list there, and have a list of people and times here. Or do both in one thread.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:49 pm

It won't if you won't take a bit of your time and post time here.