ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225
Re: Sins of a Solar Empire

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:30 pm

You need better AI.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Re: Sins of a Solar Empire

Post by CommanderKobialka » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:56 am

The last post in here was made in 2013 so there is probably a newer Sins thread but whatever. I made a map for Sins of the Prophets. It's the Sol System. Only difference is that I moved the asteroid belt in between Earth and terra-formed Mars because two capital planets that close to each other is pretty dumb. It's surprisingly well balanced. The team that starts on Mars clearly doesn't have access to the resource and credit rich rocky planets but has a ton of asteroids and moons to make up for it with easy quick expansion. Clearly it's fast paced because you only have three asteroid belts separating Earth from Mars but it's not too quick. The map is designed for UNSC vs UNSC and those asteroid belts have are filled with Jackal Pirate Ships. Covenant ships are pretty op vs the UNSC so you won't be able to bombard the enemy's home world immediately. The map has 25 gravity wells not counting the Sun. The sun plays no important role in the map. It only has one phase lane so you can't be flanked. I'm planning on making a larger version of the map in which being flanked will be a legitimate threat.

Only problem is that the gravity wells of all the planets and gas giants are stupid tiny. I need to figure out why that is. Here's the Galaxyforge file (just drop it in your galaxyforge folder):

http://www.mediafire.com/view/x91gcu74d ... Sol.galaxy
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!