Futurecraft community gaming.
Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_
Re: Robocraft

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:19 pm

Always upgrade armor, you'll get ROFL stomped by others if you don't.

It's gonna be interesting when they remove all the cutout stuff, early levels will just be SMG farms.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:26 am

Well practically speaking this game is not the next WoT, though the idea has potential but it feels that no matter what Im doing or how well Im building my bot it doesn't make any difference. I put mah shields and armor in strategic locations and I still loose to a bunch of crappy cars with shields on their back, it seems like the way you build your car doesn't matter, only how you engage, oh and the tier of stuff you use, doesn't matter how much they tried those tier 1 cars didn't have a chance against my simple car with two lvl 3 plasma guns attached, insta-killed 7 ppl.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:44 am

I feel the same. One of the other reasons I left was because I could spend an hour strategically placing everything and I would still get killed by a box of tier 1 armor with SMG spammed on the top. This game has no strategy to it because it's so badly balanced. Surviving to the end of the match is not a matter of armor or skills it's a matter of chance, planes included.
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:53 am

So you guys are realizing that this game is like WoT (gasp) and that during playing you still have to run strategically otherwise you get stomped?

Also, you can only ever use six guns at once, six SMGs gives you max firing speed, only six plasma cannons will fire at once, and you can only charge six rail guns, hope that helps a bit.
As for your problem Iv that's pretty normal it doesn't last long if you advance but that still happens, sometimes il run into a T6 armor Borg cube and il just unload shots into it without doing much damage while other times I shear off entire halves.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:24 am

I use T3 rails for antiaircraft. If you hit, you get to enjoy the thing flopping around helplessly before killing it.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:54 am

Usually its a one hit kill with railguns. See railguns are extremely OP in this game, they take on the role of sniper rifles. Usually sniper rifles are almost garanted one shot kills but that is traded off by the difficulty to hit small fast moving targets at the distance, problem is the targets in robocraft are large slow robot things, I almost never miss without even putting an effort into it. As for tactics mate I ran tier 8 tanks in WoT I know how to paly it and again what you said there is not a redeeming factor for the building mechanics.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:56 am

I think your problem is that you have no thrusters, and are consequentially moving very slow. Or the enemy has some modicum of skill.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:17 am

I was the one whos shooting not them, the target is too big and the movement direction is too predictable, as I said I almost never miss and when I say it I mean it, rail guns have no place in this game.

Error

Post by Error » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:42 am

Yes, they do. They are a high-power, high-accuracy, long-range weapon with a very long charge time and are absolutely pants in close-range fights.

SMGs are the inverse; plasma throwers are the middle ground.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:32 pm

aha I saw those Plasma dudes coming at me in close range, or more exactly their remaints flying past me, it might have a long charge time and it might not kill you in a hit but one hit of it is enoguh to cripple you almost fataly if not fataly , perhaps you dont get the kill but afterwards your target is done, even worse is that often you have no physical ability to retaliate such as the high flying platforms, yeah they can be easily shut down with the same rail guns but then you basically built a railgun arena, other weapons have no place in it.

Error

Post by Error » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:50 pm

Okay, you try fighting when your rails are at half charge and some tank rolls up with 6 SMGs.

Everything has its place; rail cannons are in the "Do not be in my line of fire at range" place.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:16 pm

Well yeah during recahrge you are dead but you don't think of it from the user's perspective, you should think of it from the receiving side too. You know you can add an uber cannon that destroys everything on the map to the game, it will be tier 100 and cost like mils , but then if someone manages to get it and start using it in games you'd be tick , it doesn't matter for you that he worked up like a year to get it and that the aiming is crap and stuff, all you care about is the sheer OPness it has when actually employed against you (and the rest of the map).

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:32 pm

Iv121 wrote:Well yeah during recahrge you are dead but you don't think of it from the user's perspective, you should think of it from the receiving side too. You know you can add an uber cannon that destroys everything on the map to the game, it will be tier 100 and cost like mils , but then if someone manages to get it and start using it in games you'd be tick , it doesn't matter for you that he worked up like a year to get it and that the aiming is crap and stuff, all you care about is the sheer OPness it has when actually employed against you (and the rest of the map).
Iv railguns are easy to kill, Its not that hard to dodge the gun that puts out a large red beam telling you exactly where the other person is aiming, And killing it is about as hard as flanking it.
All the weapons are fairly balanced, I could argue that SMGs are incredibly OP due to each shot breaking a block in its tier in one hit along with arguing that Plasmas are incredibly OP for having the highest damage per shot and completely destroying everything they hit.

None of the guns are unbalanced in the sense that getting hit means your screwed no matter what.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:41 pm

Shadow, first this; once the red targeter is on you, you're dead. Railguns are hitscan; as soon as you fire, you hit the target. anyone with a semblance of aiming skills can land a shot eventually.

Also, newsflash; SMG's are hitscan too. There are no projectiles for either of them. I'd argue that every weapon is OP: SMG is hitscan, plasma cannons do too much damage, and railguns slaughter everything.

I think the issue is that higher tier things are present in lower tiers. Consider this; in my T3 gunship that I was using, I was mounting 4 T4 plasma cannons. I could one-shot many vehicles, or only partially damage them. I also had several shield plates on the front. With them, I could take a T3 plasma volley or two, and shrug off some smg hits. But the instant T4 cannons hit me, game over. Ship is dead. Not big surprise.

If we limited robots to their tier stuff or below, I think a great deal of problems would be solved.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:36 am

Not really, yeah your weapon will do lower DMG but then your opponent has weaker deffense now, all you did ix turned current lvl 3 into current lvl 2, the balance issues inside the tier remain untouched and when they go up a lvl to lvl 4 (which is now like current lvl 3) you'll hit identical trouble. Plasma cannons are countered well with shield plates, get to lvl 4 you'll see what I mean, no matter what I do I still hit for 10-20% HP with each volley of my tier 5 plasma on tier 4, those ones are well done in my opinion. SMGs have their share of probs so they feel overall fine but rail guns ... Say what you want but with avg of 2 kills and a max of 7 and a meta where 50% of all vehicles are "snipers" its fairly obvious where the facts point.