Futurecraft community gaming.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
So they're making a Firefly MMO

Post by  ҉  » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:25 pm

;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Re: So they're making a Firefly MMO

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:29 pm

I'd play the heck outta that.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:46 pm

:::::::::::::::::DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD (^-^)/ (^-^)/ (^-^)/ (^-^)/ (^-^)/ (^-^)/ (^-^)/ (^-^)/ (^-^)/ (^-^)/ (^-^)/ (^-^)/ (^-^)/

The Sims: Firefly
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:14 am

As much as I love Firefly, I'm not sure how good an idea that is.
Of course, I'm just making the assumption that all players will be flying Fireflies and having the Serenity crew, I'll check out the video and see how they've planned it.

EDIT: Okay, an actual Firefly MMO, not just Serenity Simulator 2500. Looks pretty cool.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:33 am

Daynel wrote:As much as I love Firefly, I'm not sure how good an idea that is.
Have to second that... I realize this is *incredibly* earl footage, but it does look a bit naff.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:38 am

(ಠ_ృ) wrote:
Daynel wrote:As much as I love Firefly, I'm not sure how good an idea that is.
Have to second that... I realize this is *incredibly* earl footage, but it does look a bit naff.
It's probably a bunch of improved footage in the middle of the premium area with CGI images everywhere
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:23 am

Shadowcat wrote: It's probably a bunch of improved footage in the middle of the premium area with CGI images everywhere
Premium ships around a VIP planet in the premium solar system which encompasses a third of the entire universe. The PVP we saw was also only for premium players. No attacking other players unless you pay. Premium players can attack you, however. 50% of the quests are for premium players only. They get all sorts of cool quests. Attacking pirate bases, faction wars, etc. Everyone else is stuck with mining and small crime solving missions. Only premium players can form fleets. There are ships that can only be unlocked if you finish the story missions, which can only be finished if you're a premium player. Oh and premium players get texture resolutions 4x greater. Free players have to play the game 8-bit.

Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:57 am

CommanderKobialka wrote:
Shadowcat wrote: It's probably a bunch of improved footage in the middle of the premium area with CGI images everywhere
Premium ships around a VIP planet in the premium solar system which encompasses a third of the entire universe. The PVP we saw was also only for premium players. No attacking other players unless you pay. Premium players can attack you, however. 50% of the quests are for premium players only. They get all sorts of cool quests. Attacking pirate bases, faction wars, etc. Everyone else is stuck with mining and small crime solving missions. Only premium players can form fleets. There are ships that can only be unlocked if you finish the story missions, which can only be finished if you're a premium player. Oh and premium players get texture resolutions 4x greater. Free players have to play the game 8-bit.

Pretty much.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]