Futurecraft community gaming.
Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_
Saints row 3

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:21 am

Had it on steam for a while from humble bundle, finally downloaded it.
My review after playing it for six hours straight is that it's boring. I've realized most of the game is just never drive legally ever simulator and shoot everything. The novelty of shooting cops and rival gangs only to result in a domino of more cops and gang members is boring especially since I raided the most op military vehicle and the tank early on. And perfecting my duel welding pistol headshot accuracy has left everything easy to kill.

So now my only entertainment is driving down Main Street sidewalk running over people and giggling disturbingly at their cheesy screams. Also complimenting people then beating the fuck out of them for money.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Re: Saints row 3

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:41 am

Want a game where it's fun to just fuck around?
Try Just Cause 2.
Mercenaries 2 should serve the same purpose as well, but I've never played it.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:37 am

Eh, I kinda agree, but I only really ran into those after finishing the storyline which had me absolutely hooked throughout. Maybe you should've amped up the difficulty?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Chairman_Tiel wrote:Eh, I kinda agree, but I only really ran into those after finishing the storyline which had me absolutely hooked throughout. Maybe you should've amped up the difficulty?
What good would increasing the difficulty do? That would just make it shoot simulator hard.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:38 pm

Your main complaint seems to be that it's too easy.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:19 pm

Chairman_Tiel wrote:Your main complaint seems to be that it's too easy.
Not that its easy, its that its repetitive and un-interactive, Theres no penalty for driving over 500 pedestrians then exploding more tanks then in the US arsenal.

also apparently there's a bug that glitches a cutscene and gives you no time to kill the badguy before he knocks you off, which would explain why that mission is fricking impossible for me on casual.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:00 pm

The sick laughter of myself as I run down pedestrians while being chased by three helicopters multiple gang, police, and military vehicles while my character makes witty remarks about how they didn't run fast enough is hilarious. Now only if this was futurecraft row 3, then I could share to sick laughter.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:31 am

Futurecraft, if ever finished, will be something along the lines of FR3. The playerbase will make it so.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:43 am

Daynel wrote: Mercenaries 2 should serve the same purpose as well, but I've never played it.
I loved that game, too bad you couldn't get a real nuke. Nevertheless, I managed to level Maracaibo at one point.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:46 am

CMA wrote:
Daynel wrote: Mercenaries 2 should serve the same purpose as well, but I've never played it.
I loved that game, too bad you couldn't get a real nuke. Nevertheless, I managed to level Maracaibo at one point.
A game where you can destroy everything, even level a city. Just fuck around and wreck shit.
It does sound like my kind of game, I have no idea why I didn't buy it when I was in Stockholm.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:51 am

Daynel wrote:
CMA wrote:
A game where you can destroy everything, even level a city. Just fuck around and wreck shit.
It does sound like my kind of game, I have no idea why I didn't buy it when I was in Stockholm.
Forget the game, why didn't you level Stockholm?

It is fun though, it's sad that they never got to make Mercs 3.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces