Futurecraft community gaming.
Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK
Re: Dwarf fortress

Post by Vinyl » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Shadowcat wrote:I suppose I could just use DFhack to impregnate all my dwarves.
You sure about that
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:17 pm

yesss
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:03 pm

Admiral Vinyl wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:I suppose I could just use DFhack to impregnate all my dwarves.
You sure about that
Yes, DFhack doesn't care.

Also error, I've found a 75 page thread about the spartan machine on the DF forums. I shall be experimenting. I wonder if I can trap my adult immigrants in them too? Spartan adults won't be as good but still better then spiking them.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:08 am

It might work.

Alternatively, just give all your dorfs shite weapons (good ones to the military) so you can mass-conscript if required.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:44 am

Commander Error wrote:It might work.

Alternatively, just give all your dorfs shite weapons (good ones to the military) so you can mass-conscript if required.
I think this is a valid plan. It worked for the Russians, didn't it?
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:54 am

ACH0225 wrote:
Commander Error wrote:It might work.

I think this is a valid plan. It worked for the Russians, didn't it?
>implying the Russians had a difference in weapon quality

Anyway if I have time today I shall start project SPARTAAAAAAAAAH.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:14 am

Oh shit I used to play this!
Ok, I shall post logs too... the sensible side of the DF compared to shadow.

Error

Post by Error » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:45 am

Professor Fenway wrote:Oh shit I used to play this!
Ok, I shall post logs too... the sensible side of the DF compared to shadow.
>implying danger rooms and PROJECT SPARTANing your dwarves isn't sensible

I started a fort of my own yesterday. Nothing exciting yet, but my jeweler somehow fought off a wolverine and killed it with no injury. That guy is getting conscripted.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:57 am

Mini update:
Found the caverns, Proceeded to upgraded my waterfall to simply fall from the surface river through my meeting room into the caverns.
A giant bat flew from the caverns and started fucking shit up by scaring everyone and knocking them over, My militia actualy got off its ass and proceeded to fight it to the death. Thornkulf someone who was the only guy who trained beat the fucking shit out of it and lost a bunch of teeth, his upper right arm is in red so im going to rush a hospital since he is a badass and deserves to live.

Goblin army is just chilling outside my raised river bridge like doing something. I wonder if their singing the campfire song.

Anyway next goals include a basic hospital, starting the SPARTAAAAAAAAH project, and murdering the gobbo.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:03 am

Sounds good. Apparently a 2x1 room with the supplies and dogs works best to SPARTAN your dorfkids; anything larger, they don't seem to attack. Bear in mind you'll not get 1:1 (maybe not even .5:1) ration of kids:badasses. But again, too many kids = epic future military.

For bonus points, if you can occasionally dose them with fire via magma or similar, then put them out, you can melt the fat off them and make them, effectively, fireproof.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:11 am

Commander Error wrote:Sounds good. Apparently a 2x1 room with the supplies and dogs works best to SPARTAN your dorfkids; anything larger, they don't seem to attack. Bear in mind you'll not get 1:1 (maybe not even .5:1) ration of kids:badasses. But again, too many kids = epic future military.

For bonus points, if you can occasionally dose them with fire via magma or similar, then put them out, you can melt the fat off them and make them, effectively, fireproof.
I was considering a 3x1 with waterfall wallgrate>floorgrate, engraved walls, bed, dog/subject/stockpile.

and probably seasonal/yearly doctor visits to remove the large rate of death. If I get too many surviving subject from this I could just cull them by shoving them in a dangerously danger room and letting the weaker ones die from failure.

Also relevant:

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:18 am

That could work. The bed and engravings would probably help the insanity issues...

And tearly doctor visits might be sufficient. I'mma boot up DF in a bit and see if I can manage something similar.

Also, is the dangerously danger room just the Walk of Pointy Pain?

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:38 am

Commander Error wrote:That could work. The bed and engravings would probably help the insanity issues...

And tearly doctor visits might be sufficient. I'mma boot up DF in a bit and see if I can manage something similar.

Also, is the dangerously danger room just the Walk of Pointy Pain?
No the dangerously dangerous room is full of pressurplate spear traps for spartan training. don't worry, they get a bucket for a helmet.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:13 pm

Dammit you guys are making this sound interesting, I'll have to check it out, see what it's all about.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:49 pm

Daynel wrote:Dammit you guys are making this sound interesting, I'll have to check it out, see what it's all about.
^

Same here. Adventure awaits.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.