Futurecraft community gaming.
Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_
Re: Dwarf fortress

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Get the lazy newb pack, it gives you a graphics pack and helpful tools.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:34 pm

Commander Error wrote:The bed and engravings would probably help the insanity issues...
But then they wouldn't truly be SPARTANS, would they?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Admiral Vinyl wrote:
Commander Error wrote:The bed and engravings would probably help the insanity issues...
But then they wouldn't truly be SPARTANS, would they?
If they go insane then they just degrade into dwarf trolls that kill everything in sight, which makes their military use very limited.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:40 pm

Since I didn't immediately succeed by looking at menus and pressing various buttons, logic dictated that the game is suck.
I'll look up a guide or something sometime so the game is less suck.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:48 pm

Daynel wrote:Since I didn't immediately succeed by looking at menus and pressing various buttons, logic dictated that the game is suck.
I'll look up a guide or something sometime so the game is less suck.
Yeah did I mention the whole game is button based only?

Use the noob guide on the wiki, it's very helpful.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:12 pm

Yeah I kinda figured out the button based thing once I got to the main menu.
And yeah, a noob guide sounds like a good place to start.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:53 pm

I found a really useful guide while... uh... "sailing". So far I've made a bunch of workshops, a pen with chicks, dining- and bedroom, trade thing, storage hall and my second winter is coming as well.

And my eyes have stopped hurting too, which is a good sign, I assume.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Saravanth wrote:I found a really useful guide while... uh... "sailing". So far I've made a bunch of workshops, a pen with chicks, dining- and bedroom, trade thing, storage hall and my second winter is coming as well.

And my eyes have stopped hurting too, which is a good sign, I assume.
You actually use farm animals? Silly, You bring 3/3 cats and when they start breeding like crazy start butchering the kittens for meat.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:29 pm

Going to butcher them soon anyways, the room is overflowing with chicks :/

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:08 am

My expedition leader, the only mechanic, has gone berserk. Fuck.

The hysterical chaos that ensued is hilarious.

EDIT: He viciously slaughtered one of those immigrant jewelers and all of my doges except one before he somehow suffocated. Also, a new kitten was born.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:36 am

That's quite the murdering rampage.

Also, my expedition is now trapped inside their little hole after this huge pack of wolverines came out of freakin' nowhere. Considering sending mister Urist McClaine here (the jeweller) to go kill 'em all.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Please, PLEASE tell me whether there is a way to take your military and go assault other fortresses and lands, building up a whole goddamn empire and such stuff! I'm totally in the mood for elf-crusades!

EDIT: The internet says no. Another dream going to waste.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Ok, my fortress ended in disaster.

I thought I would embark on a volcano so I could have magma power early on. Forgot where the tube was while digging and flooded the base with lava. The only survivor, Urist Sarveth, the fisherdwarf, was afterwards beaten to death by a giant sponge.

10/10 would attempt again.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:14 am

All of you are noobs. NOOBS.
I would never play with you if we had co-op except all the time cause I have no friends cause I spent all the time playing Dwarf Fortress.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:48 am

Any of you ever tried adventure mode? It's quite fun.
My first try, I attacked a goat just outside a village, just to test attacking. Every single goat in the area, and my two followers as well, attacked me. I died pretty soon.

My second try was awesome. Traveled just outside some bandit camp or something, was confronted by a chieftain. Knocked his brains out with my mace. Some of his fellow bandits tried to put me down; first was a maceman, whose brains I also knocked out, then was a flailman, whose body I completely destroyed, whose head I smashed, before delivering the death blow: knocking her brains out and planting my mace firmly in her skull. Then was a bowman: avoided his arrows like a fucking medieval neo, before kicking him in the guts, making him vomit, and knocking his brains out. In the end, I was slain by a crossbowman on a higher ledge, who I didn't see.

My third try I almost died of dehydration several times, and ultimately got roflstomped by a mummy.

10/10 would recommend.