Futurecraft community gaming.
Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_
Dwarf fortress

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:15 pm

So I decided to dust off DF and play a short game.
/joke
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Re: Dwarf fortress

Post by Error » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:18 pm

Enjoy your inevitable tantrum spiral / HFS / apocalypse of your choice here.

Also, weaponize the kittens. And puppies. And babydorfs.

To those unfamiliar with DF: losing is Fun.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:20 pm

All I know about Dwarf Fortress is that it has mind-blowing graphics.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Commander Error wrote:Enjoy your inevitable tantrum spiral / HFS / apocalypse of your choice here.

Also, weaponize the kittens. And puppies. And babydorfs.

To those unfamiliar with DF: losing is Fun.
Actually I've had two people go crazy, four have been possessed to make wooden staffs, and I dug a river trench around my map border so theives and child molesters get chased by my 16 dogs till they die.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:50 pm

Fwarf Dortress.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:01 pm

ACH0225 wrote:Fwarf Dortress.
Owl Fortress : Gulag edition

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:37 pm

Owl Fortress:
1: owls cannot change jobs
2: owls will perform their jobs constantly until they die
3: owls will perform 45% worse at mining
4: owls can fly
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:43 pm

Shadow, seasonal updates and inform us of the amusingly guesome deaths.

Also avoid the sponges.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Commander Error wrote:Shadow, seasonal updates and inform us of the amusingly guesome deaths.

Also avoid the sponges.
Ok we'll it's been like seven seasons already so fast recap:

Two migration waves arrived along with a liaison and traders, one immigrant got inside my river moat after putting the bridge down and then back up. I attempted crushing him under my main gate but that didn't work so I just shoved him in my dry moat and left him trapped down there where he proceeded to die from dehydration and a minor concussion.
One minion dwarf powering my artificial waterfall fell into the reservoir and died from drowning. I could've saved him but punishment for his insolence was death. Saftey measures are being redesigned to prevent dwarves from drowning more.
Unfortunantly for my immigrants a goblin siege arrived and slaughtered all of them violently outside my moats. I finally got the militia to work with the other four of my five man militia squad realizing they have to train while the one who has been training is halfway to legendary fighter.
Excessive animal and dwarf fucking has been occurring as I've been receiving many babies and puppies and kittens.

Next I plan to expand another hallway of bedrooms and insert aandatory 3/7 height swimming pool hallway to said bedrooms to teach my idiot dwarves to swim and make them take a bath. Also I plan to kill the goblin siege for sharp stuff.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:13 pm

Sounds good @siege. D'you use danger room training?

Also, do you execute migrants just for lulz? Or do you actually use the corpses for something?

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Commander Error wrote:Sounds good @siege. D'you use danger room training?

Also, do you execute migrants just for lulz? Or do you actually use the corpses for something?
Currently it's just for the lulz and mostly so my population doesn't skyrocket more.

For training I just tell them to train in the barracks/archery range.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Danger rooms can be handy for melle dorfs; a bunch of wooden spear traps on repeat. Dwarf goes in, either gets bruised or trains dodge and armour user skills.

Beware children may wander inside and be impaled. But if you've pop. issues, not necessarily a bad thing.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:46 pm

Commander Error wrote:Danger rooms can be handy for melle dorfs; a bunch of wooden spear traps on repeat. Dwarf goes in, either gets bruised or trains dodge and armour user skills.

Beware children may wander inside and be impaled. But if you've pop. issues, not necessarily a bad thing.
Meh I'm considering the possible side effects of making a children grinder.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:52 pm

SPARTAN them?

As in, toss them in a small room with a bunch of dogs and enough booze/food for 12 years, so they end up superdwarvenly tough at the far end, ready for conscription?

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:06 pm

Commander Error wrote:SPARTAN them?

As in, toss them in a small room with a bunch of dogs and enough booze/food for 12 years, so they end up superdwarvenly tough at the far end, ready for conscription?
And they shall all be named Bane when they come out. Problem is il need more babies, is there a force fuck button anywhere? I suppose I could just use DFhack to impregnate all my dwarves.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler: