Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006
Re: FUTURECRAFT

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:17 am

I will also be honest.
No, I can not incluse every SINGLE faction.
However, there are at least 20 different ships needed for one properly working SoaSE faction, not counting station constructors, envoys or civilian ships (which are not necessarily required to be 'iconic' to a specific faction). There won't be many FC factions that can supply a ship for every role in SoaSE. It will require for several FC-factions to merge into one faction for the mod in order to get this many ships. So yes, we can have most FC factions in the mod, just don't expect a faction that is ONLY your faction.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:57 am

Doubtful, you have even less factions with ship designs than you have large factions in RPs, in fact I think almost nobody here has ships, I know I do (in fact even working ones in SM) but I can barely recall creation-worthy ships ever used in RP. Plus Ivan SoSE is not only about ships, each faction in SoSE has a unique yet continuous approach to it, related tech, upgrades and effects, each faction is a whole and you cannot create that whole so easily with fragments of each of our many , many , many RP factions. The results will not be related to our RP , lore or any other thing at all. Its like me being black , I am black you know, Im made of maybe %2 black genes ? (I have no idea in fact), You can imagine how close I am to being black considering %2 of me is black. Im also a distant relative of queen Elizabeth !
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:05 am

Spoiler:
Iv121 wrote:Doubtful, you have even less factions with ship designs than you have large factions in RPs, in fact I think almost nobody here has ships, I know I do (in fact even working ones in SM) but I can barely recall creation-worthy ships ever used in RP. Plus Ivan SoSE is not only about ships, each faction in SoSE has a unique yet continuous approach to it, related tech, upgrades and effects, each faction is a whole and you cannot create that whole so easily with fragments of each of our many , many , many RP factions. The results will not be related to our RP , lore or any other thing at all. Its like me being black , I am black you know, Im made of maybe %2 black genes ? (I have no idea in fact), You can imagine how close I am to being black considering %2 of me is black. Im also a distant relative of queen Elizabeth !
lolwhut iv

How is that into relevance?
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:08 am

In a very direct way, you will have to sacrifice some factions in order to be able to achieve what you plan, if not you can say goodbye to your plans right now - they will end up either too large or too blurred, pick your poison.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:43 am

Just to clarify, this is entirely Ivan's ball here.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:58 am

True at that, I hope I clarified that its would be impossible to make all factions, from now on it is Ivan's choice.

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:15 am

Its easy to do "continuous approach"

IF we cannot do a SoaSe mod,then i guess that we do not have the balls for making Futurecraft!

I hate Killjoys
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:07 pm

Speak for yourself.

All I'm saying is that StrigiTeam's already working on something similar and as a result I can't see the people in it being able to help here, making an otherwise daunting proposition nigh impossible.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:16 pm

Okay, I have a plan:
I am confident that I could fill a faction with Cavnin and MQR ships. however, I still lack some stuff on the "heavy" side of a fleet composition. I am thinking about adding Novus.
I also believe that a Strigiforme-cenetered faction is inevitable. (on that note, ACH, how am I supposed to make a fleet of delta-shaped ships without making it look like the Galactic Empire form Star Wars?) It is to be seen whether they need to be teamed up with someone in the first place, but if they do, it would propably be Taln, I guess.
The third faction would propably be either NeoRome or Darkstar-centered. Either way, it would be the economic-power faction, similar to the TEC in vanilla Sins. The main difference would be that Darkstar uses a lot of hit-and-run tactics aided by Stealth (I'll have to look into what I can do to make something stealth-like in the game, this will be the main deciding factor between DS and NR) combined with long-range missiles while NeoRome uses Fusion Coil Splicers and other heavy weaponry to deal large ammounts of demage. I would have Darkstar backed up by Orion and NeoRome by Hexalan ships respectively, which would make a NeoRome faction interesting for those who enjoy SOTP and frigate-spamming as well as for generally anyone believing in "offense is best defense".
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:43 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:anyone believing in "offense is best defense".
^-^
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:40 pm

Ivan, Imperial ships are triangles like arrow heads. Delta is like
Spoiler:
ImageImage
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:45 am

Oh God, that first image is really.... sexy....

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:29 pm

note to self: do not include MQR Manta-class unless absolutely neccessary, as it looks too much like a Strigiforme ship
Quotes:
Spoiler: