BSG Online

Futurecraft community gaming.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
BSG Online

Post by Error » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:29 pm

I don't think anyone else still plays, but whatever. So BP surprised everyone and introduced an update that isn't total *. Namely, the shadow wars update.

Stealth ships (the long-requested) have been added, and are actually marginally realistic, too.

Tons of high-damage equipment for the cloaky bastards, to counterbalance their tissue-paper hulls.

Synthetic Aperture DRADIS (yes, yes, I know, SAD) for command ships, letting us spot said cloaky bastards at lnger ranges. Oh, and it provides a massive boost to normal DRADIS range, too.

Assault strikes got a new railgun that throws tungsten shells for Massive Damage, so they can now actually do the whole capship-killer thing they were meant to.

Interceptor strikes got one frakker of a speed buff - cloaky bastards can easily outrun everyone, so these guys get to chase their arses down. Fun times.

If anyone still plays, I'm on Scorpia, with my good ol' Raptor FR.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Re: BSG Online

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:32 pm

I've been looking at Wildstar. It has a fairly unique take on the whole 'sci fi mmo' deal with some Everquest elements to boot. It seems like it'd be pretty fun with a group of friends to make a fort and stuff. Only problem is it's subscription, which can be a turn off for some :x
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Error

Post by Error » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:38 pm

I've been looking into that one, too. Sub fee is fine by me, but I'm running low on drive space... time to nuke a few programs, I feel.

Error

Post by Error » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:53 am

Offtopic, but frak it-

Apparently there's some questions raised about a bunch of lore in Wildstar. Something something Aurin were seeded by the Eldan.

But somehow, the discussion caused someone to point out that the Eldan were probably owls.

ACH, if that isn't you, I found one of your not-so-sleeper agents.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:22 pm

Meh. They're everywhere. Wasn't me directly, though; I promise.

Edit: Found the post to which you are referencing. https://forums.wildstar-online.com/foru ... the-eldan/
Last edited by ACH0225 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:09 pm

Commander Error wrote:I don't think anyone else still plays, but whatever. So BP surprised everyone and introduced an update that isn't total *. Namely, the shadow wars update.

Stealth ships (the long-requested) have been added, and are actually marginally realistic, too.

Tons of high-damage equipment for the cloaky bastards, to counterbalance their tissue-paper hulls.

Synthetic Aperture DRADIS (yes, yes, I know, SAD) for command ships, letting us spot said cloaky bastards at lnger ranges. Oh, and it provides a massive boost to normal DRADIS range, too.

Assault strikes got a new railgun that throws tungsten shells for Massive Damage, so they can now actually do the whole capship-killer thing they were meant to.

Interceptor strikes got one frakker of a speed buff - cloaky bastards can easily outrun everyone, so these guys get to chase their arses down. Fun times.

If anyone still plays, I'm on Scorpia, with my good ol' Raptor FR.
I am Moonglade,in my old Viper MKII being a noob at level 5
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA