Starbound

Futurecraft community gaming.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Re: Starbound

Post by cats » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:55 pm

I made an iron pickax once.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:23 pm

I am return from no-internet land. I shall join now.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:09 pm

Now currently tier 5, just to let y'alls know.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:22 am

Congrats, from there it's a rather rapid progression, what with not having to fight any more bosses or move around through sectors.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:15 pm

So I've impervium armour now.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:33 am

[INITIALIZING]
[READY. ENTER PASSWORD]
>********
[FILES AVAILABLE:]
>Commander's Log<

[OPENING >COMMANDER'S LOG<]

Commander's log, stardate... something.

So the rest of the crew got stabbed. Fitting, I guess, for Florans; but now it leaves me with the ship and a really derpy A.I. to run it. Oh, and no fuel. Good stuff.

Sorry. I guess I should introduce myself to the future readers... newly-promoted Commander Alternis, of the floran ship Impaler. Original, I know. Previous crew killed in an altercation with the Avians. Vessel damaged by anti-orbital battery fire. So now I'm stuck.

At least I had the fuel to hyperjump away before the ship folded up; over some forest world now. I'm gonna got take a look.

[END ENTRY]
[ENTRY TWO]

Commander's log, day two.

Well, stroke of luck; the ship's fuel-synthesizer takes coal. So I have some fuel now. Nothing resembling real armour - though I like these goggles - but hey, enough materials to make some decent equipment and go hunting for more.

So far, the A.I. hasn't wrecked anything [NOTE: w4i7 f0r i7, m8, i'11 g3t y0u y3t], but armour and fuel are priorities for now. Used most of the tank getting to the second planet from the third; at least there was some old Apex facility there. Enough material and equipment to refit the ship, anyway.

Still gonna need that distress beacon, as the starmap was damaged; only reading Alpha Sector stuff, and blind-jumping to Beta will probably vaporize this beast.

Wishing myself luck here.
[END ENTRY]
[NO FURTHER ENTRIES FOUND]
[LOGGING OUT]

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:40 pm

dats some quality RP right there.

Error

Post by Error » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:52 pm

[ENTRY THREE]

That was... different.

Plonking down a distress beacon; thought help (or lootable unhelp) would arrive. Unhelp arrived... in the form of a Penguin. In a UFO. What.

After he was arrowed, hammered, poked, and slashed (and stabbed!) into submission... nothing much. A codex update on Deathwing the Penguin (WTF?) and a few molten cores (more useful).

Also found a USCM penal colony and wiped the floor with the prisoners; stabby, stabby, says mister spear. Nothing except a shitload of stimpacks. Handy, those.

Ship's in orbit over a moon; I'm gonna catch some sleep while the doctor keeps standing in the cockpit door.

[END ENTRY]

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:45 am

+1

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Error

Post by Error » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:12 pm

I have a Steam copy of Starbound now. Anyone still play?

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:19 pm

I sometimes do

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:52 pm

We will all play, once the update's out. ._.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Saravanth wrote:We will all play, once the update's out. ._.
Yes.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:16 am

Well, almost.

The Unstable Winter Update is out. Don't let the name mislead you, it isn't as unstable as it may seem. I was able to play it for several hours without crashes or bugs, or actually, there weren't any real bugs at all. Just a heap of new, fun features.

So when are we gonna play?

Changes include:

> New progression system
You get missions from NPCs and get rewards for it, also the boss spawners have been replaced with dedicated adventure maps you can go to.
Also, one leaves all that boring non-sci-fi stuff behind rather quickly, the matter manipulator can be upgraded and has become useful at last and more advanced crafting stations are becoming available earlier too.

> Ship upgrades

> Greatly improved combat system
Ranged weapons are actually useful now, and monsters deal damage not through every touch but actual attack moves.

> The universe has gotten better
It's not divided into sectors anymore, but rather different kinds of stars with respective kinds of environmental hazards (like heat, cold, toxicity, radioactivity) which to overcome you get equipment for through quests.

> The planets' surfaces aren't as boring anymore, things like that climbing rope have become actually useful.

> A million and one other small, entertaining things. Seriously, let's start a band again or slaughter some villages in the name of mankind.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Yo dawg I'm down wheneva