The Humble Bundle

Futurecraft community gaming.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
The Humble Bundle

Post by cats » Wed May 14, 2014 9:18 pm

For those of you that don't know, Humble Bundle is an easy and cheap way to purchase games legally. Game devs and companies donate software to Humble Bundle, to whom people donate a certain amount of money in order to obtain the games. Some amount of each donation goes to charity, some to the devs, some to Humble Bundle. I think that's how it works. Anyway, good games for cheap and you can feel good about yourself while playing them.

Usually, there's a new bundle of games every week, but for the next fourteen days, there's a new one every day. Today's is Owter Spess!!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Re: The Humble Bundle

Post by Saravanth » Thu May 15, 2014 8:05 am

Interesting. I'll keep an eye on it.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Thu May 15, 2014 12:29 pm

Hope they'll have something Id like.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu May 15, 2014 8:55 pm

Today's daily thing is a DnD-esque saga, the whole series for fifteen USD. Not sure if that's anyone's flavor but it's there. The weekly bundle is of action platformers. $10 for all five, $6 for three of those.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu May 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Screw that steam is having a Bohemia interactive sale for a hundred bucks you get like a zillion games and DLC.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu May 15, 2014 9:53 pm

Good for it.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu May 15, 2014 10:04 pm

To be fair a lot of Bohemia's not-ARMA titles aren't all that great anyway. Now Lucasarts bundle, that's the way to go :D
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu May 15, 2014 10:37 pm

Chairman_Tiel wrote:To be fair a lot of Bohemia's not-ARMA titles aren't all that great anyway. Now Lucasarts bundle, that's the way to go :D
Shhhh I'm convincing people to spend money

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu May 15, 2014 10:55 pm

there ain't room in this town for the two of us, bub
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri May 16, 2014 6:08 am

Chairman_Tiel wrote:there ain't room in this town for the two of us, bub
If a town can't hold two people isn't that a hut?

Humble bumble for today is the banner saga.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri May 16, 2014 8:42 pm

A hut can fit more than two people.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri May 16, 2014 8:57 pm

So can your mom, incidentally enough.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri May 16, 2014 11:02 pm

wot u say m8? u sayd me mums a hut m8? u won fite me m8? cmon m8 lets fite lets fite irl m8 lets go.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat May 17, 2014 6:42 am

are you kidding me you little piece of shit i’ll have you know i graduated top of my politics class and i’ve been involved in privilege checking with over 150 confirmed political demonstrations i’m trained in conflict resolution and i was the most oppressed person in my entire upper middle class high school you are nothing to me but another cultural appropriator i will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which have never been seen on this side of the 49th parallel mark my words you think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the internet think again fucker, as we speak i’m checking with my anarcho-communist analyst brigade for your location so you better be prepared to deal with some molotov cocktails and angry feminists flying through your window yOU’RE FUCKING DEAD CHERRY! i can be anywhere at any time and i can kill you in over seven hundred ways and that’s just with me boring you to death while i talk about privilege not only am i extensively trained in hotline management but i have access to an entire arsenal of sociological articles to prove my point and i will use them to wipe your fucking face off the earth you little shit if only you had known what oppressed retribution your cultural appropriation would unleash then maybe you would have held your fucking tongue but you couldn’t you’re fucking dead kiddo

/original
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat May 17, 2014 8:09 am

Well. That escalated quickly.