WHY IS P2W BAD

Futurecraft community gaming.
Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth
Re: WHY IS P2W BAD

Post by Saravanth » Tue May 13, 2014 11:22 am

4Story was my first MMO (Runescape not counting, though it required (rather reasonable) premium, too).

Fuck that game. Fuck it hard. If you didn't pump all your cash in you couldn't even beat the monsters in the freaking lvl 20 swamp, or even have a positive cash balance from repairing your non-RLcash-upgraded equipment, which isn't worth much more than your fists and bare skin when not having cost you 20 fucking dollars/yuros per piece.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue May 13, 2014 8:18 pm

prototype wrote:I quite like Star Conflict, you can pay to advance quicker, but end up in matches against people who got there by actually playing, so you tend to get destroyed.
Sure you can have the best ship in your tier, but you still need skill to be competitive.
Star Conflict = WoT in space :D
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Wed May 14, 2014 10:12 am

Natural balance. You can buy your way to a ridiculously powerful spaceship, but your WTFLOLPWN capship is useless against that one little bastard who knows the game, and flies his fighter into that blind spot you can't quiiiiite reach.

However, letting people insta-expert is :/

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed May 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:Natural balance. You can buy your way to a ridiculously powerful spaceship, but your WTFLOLPWN capship is useless against that one little bastard who knows the game, and flies his fighter into that blind spot you can't quiiiiite reach.

However, letting people insta-expert is :/
Yeah but it doesn't seem so bad in games where there's an actual skill requirement.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]