Futurecraft community gaming.
Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC
Re: Mass Effect 3

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon May 12, 2014 2:17 pm

Arrival is basically ME2.5

It's the reason why Shepard isn't Sheparding at the start of ME3. I think that's one DLC you could probably get away with just watching online though, the gameplay wasn't all that endearing compared to the weight the plot has on the timeline.

e:Also you did that too? Lol I sat there for like half an hour waiting for the stuff to disappear in hopes of some kind of easter egg. You're in a perfect position to do DLC I guess, like you said.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Mon May 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Urrr. I thought Arrival was an ME3 DLC. OK, so the plot-adding DLCs that I'm seeing right now on Bioware's site that cost money are:
ME2: Arrival, Shadow Broker, Overlord, Kasumi
ME3: Citadel, Omega, Leviathan, From Ashes
Basically what I'm hearing is that all of these are important. Nobody's said anything about Overlord, but what the hell. That's $81 worth of DLC, plus $20 for ME3 itself, which is a bit more than I was expecting to be getting myself into. I think so far I've only spent $50 on ME1 and 2 together.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon May 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Maybe you could borrow someone's Origin account and play, then pay back by buying all the DLC. That seems reasonable; not like you couldn't do that in the age of physical media. That's still eighty bucks worth of supplemental content, though...one of the few cases in which I could see [redacted] being justified. Barely, but still more than 'not-at-all'.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Mon May 12, 2014 2:56 pm

If I'm going to be paying four-fifths of the money to get someone else the DLC, I think I'd probably go the extra 20 so I could get it all for me. xD

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon May 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Well the good alternative to study the plot is again videos, if it is the gameplay you want only then I suggest to get the DLCs, that would probably be the Shadow Broker for me , Leviathan simply due to the sheer importance of the DLC as well as Citadel due to the very personal experience you should have there connecting with your former comrades. As for Omega and Ashes ... Well I think you can survive without them (25$ less cost), especially Omega, Ashes is good to study the Prothean lore but nothing beyond that, I bet it is possible to find it all on video though the fact you study through Javik's comments make it hard to see it all.

As for Kasumi I have mixed fillings mainly due to her being too short (is 1 hour really worth 7$ ?) but the mission itself has a nice feeling to it. Overlord is good if you enjoy driving vehicles around as it got some significant vehicle action but that vehicle action is not all too impressive, you could prob live without it. Arrival is important story-wise but I believe you can fully see it on youtube and feel fine with it.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Mon May 12, 2014 3:17 pm

Iv121 wrote:is 1 hour really worth 7$ ?
Well, I guess that's the question. (Version, what, 3?). 7 dollars for an hour of entertainment is probably a better rate than I'd get at a movie theater. If I'm going to be getting loads of DLC anyway, and one way or another it looks like I probably will be, grabbing that last one for completion's sake seems reasonable.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon May 12, 2014 5:41 pm

If you suck at video games like me that one hour turns into three. :D
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Tue May 13, 2014 11:29 am

Iv's right, from what I heard the Omega DLC isn't too impressive. But I haven't played that one either. Your decision.
And I had Kasumi by default as I played on the PS3. Not too important, but entertaining as Iv said. For the cost of 1.2 Kebabs it's alright.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue May 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Looking at the official reviews, Citadel, Lair of the Shadow Broker, and Overlord seem to have been very well received, so I'll get those for sure (Overlord shouldn't impact ME3 in any meaningful way, but if it's good it's still worth getting). Omega, From Ashes, Arrival, and Kasumi didn't do so well, and Leviathan was in the middle. Arrival and Leviathan contain main-plot kind of stuff, so those are probably in. From Ashes is the one in the Digital Deluxe version, so that's probably in as well. So I guess the question (version 4?) is Omega and Kasumi. Since Kasumi isn't even for ME3 that's probably out, and the reviews for Omega all stress that it's pretty much entirely combat and very little plot, so I probably don't care about it. That saves, what, 20-odd dollars? That makes the figure seem rather more reasonable.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Tue May 13, 2014 12:06 pm

 ҉  wrote:Looking at the official reviews, Citadel, Lair of the Shadow Broker, and Overlord seem to have been very well received, so I'll get those for sure (Overlord shouldn't impact ME3 in any meaningful way, but if it's good it's still worth getting). Omega, From Ashes, Arrival, and Kasumi didn't do so well, and Leviathan was in the middle. Arrival and Leviathan contain main-plot kind of stuff, so those are probably in. From Ashes is the one in the Digital Deluxe version, so that's probably in as well. So I guess the question (version 4?) is Omega and Kasumi. Since Kasumi isn't even for ME3 that's probably out, and the reviews for Omega all stress that it's pretty much entirely combat and very little plot, so I probably don't care about it. That saves, what, 20-odd dollars? That makes the figure seem rather more reasonable.
Agreed.

By the way, how is your current name spelled again?

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue May 13, 2014 1:17 pm

OK, I'm satisfied with that conclusion. Unless anyone else has a pressing objection, those are the DLCs I'm going to get.
Saravanth wrote:By the way, how is your current name spelled again?
It's spelled '  ҉ ', but I'd say it's pronounced 'Ra', or 'O Holy Sun, Who Brings The Light'.

EDIT: Man, my sacred image really screws with the formatting. In the typing screen it's in between the apostrophes, like it ought to be.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Tue May 13, 2014 1:22 pm

¤◇◇°.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Tue May 13, 2014 1:41 pm

ಠ_ಠ

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue May 13, 2014 2:55 pm

Now I've been told that Kasumi is actually awesome and I should get it. So maybe I still don't get Omega, and Kasumi and Overlord go in a pile for later because they're not relevant to ME3.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Tue May 13, 2014 3:07 pm

The only thing Kasumi really has going for her is a nice ass.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]