Mass Effect 3

Futurecraft community gaming.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Mass Effect 3

Post by  ҉  » Sun May 11, 2014 6:58 pm

I never got it after playing ME2, so I think I'm going to put the Assassin's Creed series on hold and grab it next. My question is: Is the Digital Deluxe version worth it? It costs $30 instead of $20, and it comes with the From Ashes DLC, a weapons DLC, and some out of game stuff that I don't really care about. To the people who've played it, are those DLCs worth the additional $10?
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Re: Mass Effect 3

Post by Error » Sun May 11, 2014 7:08 pm

As someone who's never played it, I reccommend the base game first then DLCs later, unless gettin' it all at once comes out cheaper.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun May 11, 2014 7:34 pm

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:As someone who's never played it, I reccommend the base game first then DLCs later, unless gettin' it all at once comes out cheaper.
Getting them together is the same as the base game and From Ashes, so I'd essentially be getting the weapons pack free. I guess that means the question is really whether From Ashes is worth ten dollars.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Unity
IGN:Pat22 or something

Post by Pat22 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:04 pm

Is From Ashes the DLC that gives you access to the I-forget-what-they're-called-ean partner?

If so then probably not.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun May 11, 2014 9:02 pm

If you can get all the DLCs in one go, then yes. Bioware pulled a real nasty and actually put some (debatably important) story stuff into them, so you'd be better off with than without.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun May 11, 2014 11:45 pm

I bought the whole trilogy for PC but I want to get all of the DLCs for all three. Are there any packs that have all of them?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sun May 11, 2014 11:54 pm

The Q is do you want to figure out Prothean history, if not then don't bother. If you are there just for the story I suggest watching vids of those specific parts instead.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon May 12, 2014 4:40 am

From Ashes isn't the only DLC. There's a ton of gameplay stashed away in the Citadel and Omega ones that you'd be better off playing through on your first run (seeing as you don't return to games). Videos don't do the experience justice.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Mon May 12, 2014 9:46 am

Javik is awesome. Grab it. He's really fun.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon May 12, 2014 10:21 am

I find what primitives lack in aim, they make up for in ammunition.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Mon May 12, 2014 11:16 am

Chairman_Tiel wrote:From Ashes isn't the only DLC. There's a ton of gameplay stashed away in the Citadel and Omega ones that you'd be better off playing through on your first run (seeing as you don't return to games). Videos don't do the experience justice.
OK, so my current plan is to get From Ashes, Citadel, and Omega for 3, and also Lair of the Shadow Broker and the DLC with Kasumi Goto for 2 before any of the stuff for 3 (Finished 2 again last night and waited for the credits to end, so I'm free in the galaxy to run whatever DLC missions I install), but probably not Leviathan or Arrival. I have the Zaeed (?) and Firewalker DLCs for 2 already. Is that all the important plot stuff?

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon May 12, 2014 11:46 am

The PS3 version has some preloaded DLCs. Lair of the Shadow Broker and another one, both are really good, I'd even say better than the original parts.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Mon May 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Leviathan is important as hell! It describes the origin of the reapers, and your really should get it if you want to understand them.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Mon May 12, 2014 1:08 pm

catsonmeth wrote:The PS3 version has some preloaded DLCs. Lair of the Shadow Broker and another one, both are really good, I'd even say better than the original parts.
I own ME2 already on the PC.
Saravanth wrote:Leviathan is important as hell! It describes the origin of the reapers, and your really should get it if you want to understand them.
<sigh> I had it all worked out. OK. Is it agreed that Arrival is unimportant?

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Mon May 12, 2014 1:34 pm

Haven't played it, probably not.

EA is evil.