Futurecraft community gaming.
Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth
Wurm Online

Post by Saravanth » Tue May 06, 2014 3:20 pm

http://www.wurmonline.com/

So I was reminded today of this game I used to play. Wurm Online. Don't ask me what the hell a Wurm is (No Ivan, it's not the german definiton), but names aside, it's an MMO made by Notch before Minecraft.
It's an open world sandbox fantasy MMO, in which you could technically do whatever you'd desire in a such game. It offers near complete freedom, hilariously huge worlds (512 kilometres², according to infopage), heaps or ridiculously powerful artifacts and secret things like that, skills that will consume years of your life to max out (Though maxing it really isn't neccesary, trust me) and is extremely rewarding for communities, such as we are one. Basically, it's Terra-Firma-craft-ish gameplay wise.

Only drawback, it's a few bucks (5, I think?) each month for premium, which is required to get your skills over lvl 20 (though even that would take several days/maybe weeks usually). But that's understandable, and a small price to pay for a game as entertaining and full of content, the servers just couldn't work without it. You can enter the game without it anyway, so that should be thought about later when it's decided.

Let's all download it and play together a little. There's plenty of stuff even without the premium mode, at least enough to help you form an opinion. Maybe this weekend*, saturday or something as sunday is reserved for SoaSE?

*If so, register already, the confirmation E-Mail is sometimes a little *.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Re: Wurm Online

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue May 06, 2014 9:27 pm

*points to page five of gaming forum*
Wurm is great but honestly it's lost its charm for me, if they would improve combat and add more junk to make it would be a lot more entertaining.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Tue May 06, 2014 11:21 pm

I played it for five minutes once. It has serious performance issues. We should play sins on Saturdays... I'm busy on Sundays. :,(
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed May 07, 2014 12:00 am

Well Q is if everyone can actually play SoSE on Saturday, I dont mind but ppl here probably will.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Wed May 07, 2014 6:13 am

I know what you mean. However, there have been numerous updates. Much has changed and improved.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:15 am

Iv121 wrote:Well Q is if everyone can actually play SoSE on Saturday, I dont mind but ppl here probably will.
I would honestly prefer saturday, because it's easier to find time on saturday for me.
Especially since next sunday will be Mother's day.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Wed May 07, 2014 6:37 am

On topic again.

So, if anyone's interested just say so here. Just to take a look, there's a chance it's going to be fun.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Wed May 07, 2014 7:11 am

I just realized If I want to play sins on Saturday in the morning, that would be Friday in the afternoon for you all that live in the US so... crap. Back on topic: I might try it out again but... there's a mood you have to be in for fantasy MMOs and I am most certainly not in that mood.
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!