Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear
Re: Universim

Post by Prototype » Wed May 07, 2014 11:33 am

Sorry, could not stop myself
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Wed May 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Kzin wrote:Stupid off-topic thread is stupid and off-topic.
Says the man with a furry avatar.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Wed May 07, 2014 4:15 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
That's a computer-generated model of a kzin. So, fair attempt I guess? But totally wrong. xD
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

CMA
Captain
Captain

Post by CMA » Wed May 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Kzin wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
That's a computer-generated model of a kzin. So, fair attempt I guess? But totally wrong. xD
Says the man with the CGI space-furry.

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Wed May 07, 2014 4:24 pm

Kzin wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
Spoiler:

He's not that wrong actually.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Shiva
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Manticore

Post by Shiva » Wed May 07, 2014 6:52 pm

*Reads the corruption this thread has undergone and wishes to feel the adminhammer in her hands again*
Velocitas eradico; At terminatio velocitas, celeritas occidit.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Wed May 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Unfortunately, the rules wouldn't allow you to do anything. No points for guessing which group thought those up.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Wed May 07, 2014 7:32 pm

I'm still not totally clear on why the rules changed and how I lost my moderator position.

EDIT: Actually.
Icelandic Perehelion wrote:2; Any off topic outside the RP or Members' Lounge will be threadlocked. I consider offtopic to be spam.
Just nuke this shit. Or, if you're not comfortable with that, somebody give me powers back and I'll do it. I can deal with being the bad guy who rains on everyone's crap parades.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed May 07, 2014 9:32 pm

I'd just like to point out that the 'ideal' forum with no offtopic or irrelevant conversation would probably be one with every topic having no more than six responses if implemented here. It's frustrating when you're a thread author, I know, but I think at the end of the day we'd all much rather be a frat party than an overly uptight gentleman's club.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed May 07, 2014 10:36 pm

Chairman Tiel wrote:I'd just like to point out that the 'ideal' forum with no offtopic or irrelevant conversation would probably be one with every topic having no more than six responses if implemented here. It's frustrating when you're a thread author, I know, but I think at the end of the day we'd all much rather be a frat party than an overly uptight gentleman's club.
Can't we be a Gentlemens frat club?
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

CMA
Captain
Captain

Post by CMA » Thu May 08, 2014 12:40 am

Kzin wrote:I'm still not totally clear on why the rules changed and how I lost my moderator position.

EDIT: Actually.
Icelandic Perehelion wrote:2; Any off topic outside the RP or Members' Lounge will be threadlocked. I consider offtopic to be spam.
Just nuke this shit. Or, if you're not comfortable with that, somebody give me powers back and I'll do it. I can deal with being the bad guy who rains on everyone's crap parades.
Oh, that is against the rules, huh. Also, I would imagine raining on a crap parade would help things.
Chairman Tiel wrote:I'd just like to point out that the 'ideal' forum with no offtopic or irrelevant conversation would probably be one with every topic having no more than six responses if implemented here. It's frustrating when you're a thread author, I know, but I think at the end of the day we'd all much rather be a frat party than an overly uptight gentleman's club.
Pretty much, a forum this small barely needs one moderator anyway.

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Thu May 08, 2014 9:32 am

I'm never going to do a thing about off topic, I was born in the off topic, moulded by it. I didn't see a sensible post until I was a man.
But if things start getting nasty I will be locking this without a second thought, though I trust Error will beat me to it.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Thu May 08, 2014 9:45 am

Jedi, sorry, but Iv proposed a change to the rules (which was passed) saying I can only nuke offtopic if OP asks me to.

/emote pointedly looks at Kob

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu May 08, 2014 9:57 am

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:Jedi, sorry, but Iv proposed a change to the rules (which was passed) saying I can only nuke offtopic if OP asks me to.
So where is that, and why do the Rules say
The Rules wrote:8. Avoid off topic posting. If an off-topic discussion appears in a thread, a new thread should be created. This rule will only be enforced outside the Member's Lounge.
The way we deal with off-topicness here is broken. Although really the problem is that there are a small number of users here who seem to entirely lack self-control in a particularly smack-deserving way, and those seem to be the people who wrote the Rules. That's bad.

Error

Post by Error » Thu May 08, 2014 10:09 am

Fair enough, thanks, Jedi.

Move the off topic discussion elsewhere, or the thread will be cleaned up, and if OT persists, locked.