Star Citizen

Futurecraft community gaming.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Re: Star Citizen

Post by Error » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:01 pm

$75 IIRC gets you a 300i or a variant, plus insurance and something like 2k credits.

So, not bad, all things considered.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:02 pm

It's not worth buying unless you have like ten grand to get everything.

PERMANENT IMORTILIZATION!
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:45 pm

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:$75 IIRC gets you a 300i or a variant, plus insurance and something like 2k credits.

So, not bad, all things considered.
correction: the variants are all differently priced

the 300i is 65$ in the game package and 55$ on its own

the 315p is 75$ in the package or 65$ single price

finally, the 325a is 80$ with or 70$ without the package.

I personally prefer the 315p over the 325a, for reasoning, here are pros and cons:
Spoiler:
PROs

1) the 315p has 1.5-times the freight capacity of the 325a

2) comes with a better factory engine

3) it has an actual jump drive + a proper scanner

4) has a tractor beam projector, making it ideal for utility tasks

5) the 300-series is known for its maneuverablity and speed as a dogfighter, making it ideal for scout roles. The 315p is better equipped for those missions.

6) robust power plant makes your ship less likely to blow up when being fired upon

CONs

1) 325a has better shields

2) it has a mass driver for a main gun and is equipped with missiles by default, giving it superior firepower

3) custom targeting system
since I personally am not going to fight a lot - at least not as te agressor - the military aspects of the 325a are not really what I am goign to focus on, so the 315p definetely is the better option for my playstyle.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:48 pm

315p FTFW. If I do back ot, I'll likely go that route.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:04 pm

keep in mind that the 300-series is often described as the 'sports car of spaceships', other fairly low-priced ships include the Aurora, which is the cheapest of all, but it's known as a 'pick up truck in space' and the LG variant is on-par with the 315p in terms of firepower or the Avenger, which is less maneuverable, but has a larger cargo hold and also has some prisoner pods, which may make it attractive to bounty hunters, but it only has half the missiles of either the Aurora or the 300 series for some reason.

I should also note that the earlier you pledge, the more pledger benefits you get.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:50 pm

Which one did you get?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:24 pm

I got the Aurora LG for starters and additionally bought access to the Dogfighting module (basically a thing where you can fly around and fight against NPCs and (server infrastructure WIP) other players without threat to your stuff, as it is regarded as a 'simulator' in-universe) for a total of 50$ I also have beta access, downloads of both the MMO and the singleplayer when they're out, a digital manual, also for when the game is out, 1000 Credits (which wouldn't be enough to upgrade my ship or something, but it's enough to get by at the start without having to take a loan) and a 3-month insurance (as previously mentioned, you get your ship back when it blows up)

I am also planning to purchase the 315p.

What ship one buys is pretty much a matter of personal playstyle tho. You can basically do anything a spaceship can do, but if you break the law (eg piracy, slavery), you have the UEE hunting you down and bounties on your head.

The most expensive single-seat ships are the Anvil Hornet series, which are essentially a military-grade fighter minus a ball-turret. Available civilian variants include the F7C, which has a cargo hold, the F7C-S, which is essentially a stealth fighter, which doesn't mean you're undetectable, but you're definetely gonna be much harder to lock onto with missiles, and then there's the F7C-R, aka the Tracker, which is meant to not let anyone slip under your radar.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:18 am

Ivan2006 wrote:I got the Aurora LG for starters and additionally bought access to the Dogfighting module (basically a thing where you can fly around and fight against NPCs and (server infrastructure WIP) other players without threat to your stuff, as it is regarded as a 'simulator' in-universe) for a total of 50$ I also have beta access, downloads of both the MMO and the singleplayer when they're out, a digital manual, also for when the game is out, 1000 Credits (which wouldn't be enough to upgrade my ship or something, but it's enough to get by at the start without having to take a loan) and a 3-month insurance (as previously mentioned, you get your ship back when it blows up)

I am also planning to purchase the 315p.

What ship one buys is pretty much a matter of personal playstyle tho. You can basically do anything a spaceship can do, but if you break the law (eg piracy, slavery), you have the UEE hunting you down and bounties on your head.

The most expensive single-seat ships are the Anvil Hornet series, which are essentially a military-grade fighter minus a ball-turret. Available civilian variants include the F7C, which has a cargo hold, the F7C-S, which is essentially a stealth fighter, which doesn't mean you're undetectable, but you're definetely gonna be much harder to lock onto with missiles, and then there's the F7C-R, aka the Tracker, which is meant to not let anyone slip under your radar.

STEALTH FTW
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:20 am

Not going to purchase the Freelancer until after I get back from Italy (June 24). I'll get some additional $ from working when I get back.
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:52 am

K. keep in mind that it says something about 'limited edition' on the MIS-variant tho.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:10 pm

I think I might grab a package after I get my next paycheck. It's just the dogfighting that is enabled right now, correct?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Error

Post by Error » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Yes. You get the ship sitting in the hangar, plus the pakcage stuff, plus the dogfighting module.

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:42 pm

Be warned thought it requires a serious rig. My Radion 270x plays on low and I get 29 FPS so I wouldn't get it if you have anything lower then that.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:48 pm

270x is low end mate
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276