Star Citizen

Futurecraft community gaming.
Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF
Re: Star Citizen

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Well, at least I assume that is one of the reasons some of them do at least.
Of course, I guess most of them just want to boast, saying "I can afford not only one sports car, but ten", or that they just like how they look.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:10 pm

srsly

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:45 pm

If I had ten sports cars I would wonder why I spent all that cash on cars and not a better computer, Then I would know this must be some sort of "if I had" reality and immediately I would fly to the moon and draw * on it.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:48 pm

You would've spend money on a superawesome toptier computer first of all, duh.
And then a sports car, and then a giant house, and two more sports cars, and some businesses and stocks and stuff, some more sports cars, a private airplane, private helicopter, private luxury boat, and the rest of the sports cars.
Jeez, you people don't know shit about being rich.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:28 pm

Daynel wrote:You would've spend money on a superawesome toptier computer first of all, duh.
And then a sports car, and then a giant house, and two more sports cars, and some businesses and stocks and stuff, some more sports cars, a private airplane, private helicopter, private luxury boat, and the rest of the sports cars.
Jeez, you people don't know shit about being rich.
I would construct a flying space yacht that has a super game room and direct satellite internet access. Also if I was filthy rich I would buy steam and apple and raspberry pi and rename my monster steamed apple pie.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:36 pm

Well, I own an Origin 315p + package stuff now.

Yey.

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:14 pm

Good for you. In the next multilayer batch I'll be able to play multilayer so if any of you get in let me know

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:19 pm

(ಠ_ృ) wrote:Well, I own an Origin 315p + package stuff now.

Yey.
What is your handle?
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Error

Post by Error » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:58 pm

I have found the FCIA, as soon as my shite gets processed, I shall join.

Ave the Aye-Aye.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:26 pm

I can into spectrum match!
Actually anyone who pledged for module access can.
Except I just have an Aurora, and until they add variant support, my ship will be pretty shit at fighting other player-controlled ships.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:47 am

Considering pledging.

Worth it or not?
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:46 am

Depends.
If you want to play the game, like, at all, and also have a computer with the neccessary system requirements, go for it, as you can get the Aurora MR package for the same price as the finished game will cost. (30$, contains access to the finished game, access to the hangar module, the RSI Aurora MR (essentially a better version of one of the starter ships, the Aurora ES) with 2 months hull insurance 1000 credits starting money)
Adding ten more dollars, you can already get the Aurora MR+ package, containing everything the MR-package contains plus beta access and increasing your ensurance time to 3 months.
From there, it is only a small step to the Aurora LN package for 45$, which replaces the MR with the LN. The LN is essentially the same as the MR, but better. In detail, it has better factory guns, features additional weapon herdpoints in comparison tot he MR to add even more guns, comes factory standard equipped with a missile rack (which has to be bought seperately for the MR ingame), has a batter shield and better shield upgrade capacity, comes factory standard with a more powerful reactor, has more maneuvering thrusters and a (while weaker) more efficient engine.
If you happen to have more money to spend and want something better than an upgraded starter ship, look at the website for details, they recently updated their ship specs and store, so information should be easy to find.

Edit: access to other modules, like Arena Commander (the thing where you actually fly your ship) costs extra, but not much, in the case of Arena Commander, it's 5$. also you can contact me or propably any of the other FC-members who have some more knowledge about Star Citizen (possibly via Steam/Skype) for advice.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:33 am

Honestly some of these prices are insane for an unfinished game and some digital models.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:50 am

I would agree on that.
If anyone says they want to buy a Constellation and doesn't have so much money that it doesn't really matter to that person, I'd consider that person either insane, irresponsible or just stupid.
A Freelancer is comparable in its basic capablilties and only costs half the money while requireing far less crew due to automated turrets.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:39 am

Remember, you're not just paying for a model and some flashy effects, you're also giving extra to let CIG meet their various funding goals.

So the $75 I spend on a 315p is probably partly for the time spent on the model, and partly a "have some money, make me a cool game".