XCOM: E.U.

Futurecraft community gaming.
Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth
Re: XCOM: E.U.

Post by Saravanth » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:46 pm

I just shot that elite muton so hard with the top-tier shotgun right from a neighboring tile, he did a double backflip and fell from the roof two units away. Sheeet.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:12 pm

POW, right in the kisser.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:22 pm

kek

Also, holy shit you were right, the firestorm's with EMPs are OP as fuck. Though without that defensive module I'm not sure it would've gotten close enough just before getting keeled.
Spoilers, I suppose:
Spoiler:
Do I need satellites anymore after I've researched that illuminati-ish alien surveillance thingy that almost-but-not-quite blows the base up?

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:48 pm

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

dat fucking aetherial

fuck

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:59 pm

Wanted to catch that piece of shit, but couldn't risk another turn. My medic's dead. I've lost nothing but medics, so far. Talk about redshirt.

I'm so dead. I'm so freaking dead.

Error

Post by Error » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:54 pm

Ethereals? Yeah, they're *. Tip: Shoot them with the most expendable d00d first, then just spam-attack him with every other soldier. Spare no expense (grenades and rockets advised).

Also, Firestorm+EMP can take on any UFO and survive, so evasion modules are nice but not required.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:25 pm

Now that the surprise effect is gone, I caught a bunch of them. Scumbags. Also, I've done some psi-tests. An arab, a jew and a japanese guy. The arab was positive, the other were not. Dad won't be amused for the japanese.
Somebody make a joke out of that, pl0x. "An arab, a jew and a japanese walk into a lab..."

Error

Post by Error » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:28 pm

Well, my first psi-guy in my previous game was a Russian lass (squadsight sniper, of all things), and the second and third were Brazilian and Brit respectively.

So, if we want jokes...

Error

Post by Error » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:36 pm

Also:

Operation Evil Alien.

No, really?

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:34 am

Done.

So the arab flew off in the mothership and saved earth. Had to do three tries, the first one because of a grenade barrage by the mutons, the second one because three of my guys got mind controlled in the end by surprise, and the third one because the game crashed. In the end, I just mind controlled an elite-muton, sent him in, lured one of them etherials out, mind controlled him, took the elite mutons in the control room out, had my two shotgun guys kill the minor etherials after that as they were lured right to the door and them my squad-view sniper on the balcony at the entrance of the goddamn previous room, over 50 units away, crit-shot the main one double through the door.

o7 RIP in peace, Said Rahman.

Now I'm playing Enemy Within on classic, ironman, a bunch of second wave options and wondering what the heck this MELD stuff is.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:37 am

MELD = GIANT CYBER ROBOTS ! (And terrible genetic augs, the genetic lab was a total waste of money -.- ). Well they are actually humans in power suits, but GIATN CYBER ROBOTS !
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:58 am

nice +i²

Error

Post by Error » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:51 pm

Gene mods are actually really useful, Iv.

Mimetic skin: if soldier is on high cover (and enemy did not see where they started moving from), they are invisible.

Hyper-Reactive pupils: +10 aim after a miss.

Muscle fiber density: fuck grapples, we can just jump stright up a wall now.

Neural feedback: Mind-control me, will you? Fuck your shit, all psi-abilities on cooldown.

And more,

Vs.

MECs: They tank damage, burn things, punch things, blow things up. Aaaaannndddd... well, that's is, actually.

MECs are handy, but gene mods are far cheaper overall and gene-mod troops can become psi-troops (MECs cannot).

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:16 pm

However the edge they give you over your opponent is minimal, also keep in mind the increased exhaustion time. Indeed the muscle fiber is useful but for a limited number of soldiers, mainly snipers, most of the time I find myself fighting in a very flat battlefield with the Z axis only used as a vintage point for snipers with squad sight, same goes with mimic skin, hyper-reactive pupils are nice but nothing too big and mind control is late game.

Im just saying I expected more, and no they are not that cheap, in order to make those things pay off you need to invest in multiple gene mods per soldier, easily getting to 60 creds just on the minimal good stuff, hell lets even give them one of those expansive gene mods for 30 (think it was the muscle fiber). Anyway good now you got a soldier with the ability to get up on roofs, now imagine I got 40 more of those soldiers I gotta invest in, thats freaking 1200 creds, and here we went for the minimum one big / two small mods per soldier depending on his/her role, thats a lot of money.

By comparison holding a few mecs will come up with the same price yet unlike those gene mods mecs are game changers, they deal massive damage and can take a lot of damage too, like an improved SHIV and SHIVs can be quite devastating if you know where to put them and no the fact they don't use cover doesn't make them more vulnerable, in fact they get hit much less often under my command compared to soldiers in cover.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:38 pm

You unlock genelab modifications over time and the anti-mind control is only available at the point when you encounter aliens that can actually do mind control, so...
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied