Starcraft 2

Futurecraft community gaming.
Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: Well, HOTS is out

Post by Iv121 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:29 am

Man she is weird O.o (BTW don't call it HOTS it reminds me of some crap we did on our English Lessons called "High Order Thinking Skills" which is basically some bulls*** that tries to teach us how to think and fail horribly , makes me cry in the corner :[ )
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:30 am

Avenger_7 wrote:It's important to note that Kerrigan is NOT the Queen of Blades from BW and WoL.

But...it is kinda for revenge.
Spoiler:
Have you seen the Zerus missions? She throws away all her humanity just to become the Queen of Blades again, plus a bit more powerful.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:41 am

What did you think the second line meant? In any case, spoiler that shit.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:41 am

Avenger_7 wrote:It's important to note that Kerrigan is NOT the Queen of Blades from BW and WoL.

But...it is kinda for revenge.
Yes, she is. /:|
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:23 pm

Just finished the mission where you rescue the marshal from Mar Sara from the Koros. It's heartwrenching, really.

"I love you, *REDACTED*. Never forget it."

"We're done."

:[

Also, Kerrigan > Queen of Blades > Kerrigan (with Zerg hair) > Queen of Blades v2.0

So no matter how you look at it she is QoB...

Also, the story so far has been flipping awesome. My framerates are terrible for some reason, I have to go on YT for cinematics, and Blizzard's stupid practice of making you download an entire level whenever you want to play it or even reload from a checkpoint is unbearable, but the theme itself is solid. The space mission where you attack Matt's lover apparent's base DOTA-style is really cool, I wonder if that's a mode in multiplayer...all in all, a solid game.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Also, there's dudes named Dahaka and Zurvan. If I meet a Zerg called Hvar...

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Avenger_7 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:24 pm

Tiel Attentus wrote:The space mission where you attack Matt's lover apparent's base DOTA-style is really cool, I wonder if that's a mode in multiplayer.
It's a custom game in the arcade, Star Battle.

Also, if you look Kerrigan's dialogue and her tactics in the last few missions, there's a really sharp contrast with what you see of QoB in BW and WoL. The first QoB is kind of like a split personality induced by [REDACTED]'s influence; Kerri wasn't really there for that.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:24 pm

I guess you could say that, but I figured it was Kerrigan under the influence of [REDACTED], and while she had some semblance of free will it was kept in check by what [REDACTED] wanted her to do. When Raynor used the artifact on her all traces of [REDACTED]'s whims got removed, and now Kerri has full control over herself again. This also fits into Zeratul's whole prophecy deal, as Raynor was needed to give Kerri back full control of her own body, and by extension, the Swarm, so that the universe has a chance against [REDACTED].

But, you have to admit, the change made her into quite a doll. Where there was cold brutality now there is doubt, where there was singleminded direction now there is indecision (ie, getting convinced by the Crown Prince to leave civilians alone even at a risk to her own troops, or when she called off the zerg attack on the Dominion evacuation ship.) Also, purple. PURPLE.

Thanks for the Star Battle tip :D
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Avenger_7 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:56 am

PM me your identifier so we can play together :)

Edit: 404, post not found.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:01 pm

My brother's account is called Yamoto.

Also, Star Battle isn't the same :[

It's similar, I guess, but if I ever get around to figuring out this SC2 mapping kit I want to make an exact replica of the one in HOTS campaign, maybe advertise it as a simplified SB or somethin.

It is fun, though. I was the ace of my team in my second match. BUT FREAKING VOID RAYS!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Unity
IGN:Pat22 or something

Post by Pat22 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:42 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:Sorry I'm late, was beating campaign.

Pat, you sir are full of crap. There are only two problems I had with the lore in the campaign, those being the creation of the Overmind(which can kind of work if you think about it) and that awkward moment when Kerrigan takes a dropship and somehow can't pick up Raynor :/. Also, the Zerg aren't one hive mind - just bound to one will. If they were a true hive mind, there would be no need for Broodmothers or their earlier counterparts, the Cerebrates. And if you can get free troops from caves, why wouldn't you go get them?
Because they aren't free. To get to them you must defeat the terran forces guarding the entrance of the cave. That doesn't make sense either. A bunch of zerglings wouldn't cower in a cave guarded by a few soliders, they'd charge at them even if it meant their deaths. No matter what, the concern of the swarm is efficiency, and it is much more efficient to simply breed a dozen more zerglings than to go through the trouble of saving the other ones that aren't doing their job right.

And while the brood mothers are like the cerebrates, units like zerglings and hyrdalisks are nothing more than animals being controlled by said brood mothers. So again, zerg don't have scouts, and zerg don't report anything.

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:55 pm

Not to mention that the campaign, being so large it "required its own separate CD for an additional 40$" was pretty damn short and had very little substance.

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:01 pm

I feel like the campaign was definitely more interesting than the last one gameplay-wise.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Pat22 wrote: Because they aren't free. To get to them you must defeat the terran forces guarding the entrance of the cave. That doesn't make sense either. A bunch of zerglings wouldn't cower in a cave guarded by a few soliders, they'd charge at them even if it meant their deaths. No matter what, the concern of the swarm is efficiency, and it is much more efficient to simply breed a dozen more zerglings than to go through the trouble of saving the other ones that aren't doing their job right.
Isn't it more efficient to just rescue a handful of zerglings rather than breed a whole new mob, and take out some Terrans in the process as well?
Pat22 wrote: And while the brood mothers are like the cerebrates, units like zerglings and hyrdalisks are nothing more than animals being controlled by said brood mothers. So again, zerg don't have scouts, and zerg don't report anything.
A 'scout' is one that relays information back to an entity who knows what to do with it. Given that definition, a zergling or two checking things out and naturally sending the visual information back to the broodmother via psionic link certainly would fulfill the role of a scout.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Tiel Attentus wrote:
Pat22 wrote: Because they aren't free. To get to them you must defeat the terran forces guarding the entrance of the cave. That doesn't make sense either. A bunch of zerglings wouldn't cower in a cave guarded by a few soliders, they'd charge at them even if it meant their deaths. No matter what, the concern of the swarm is efficiency, and it is much more efficient to simply breed a dozen more zerglings than to go through the trouble of saving the other ones that aren't doing their job right.
Isn't it more efficient to just rescue a handful of zerglings rather than breed a whole new mob, and take out some Terrans in the process as well?
Pat22 wrote: And while the brood mothers are like the cerebrates, units like zerglings and hyrdalisks are nothing more than animals being controlled by said brood mothers. So again, zerg don't have scouts, and zerg don't report anything.
A 'scout' is one that relays information back to an entity who knows what to do with it. Given that definition, a zergling or two checking things out and naturally sending the visual information back to the broodmother via psionic link certainly would fulfill the role of a scout.
No, breeding zerglings, no matter the amount, is always more efficient than saving some. The purpose of zerglings is to be bred en mass. If it were Ultralisks hidden in those caves I might understand but they were zerglings.
Fulfilling the role of a scout is not the same as being a scout. Nor is relaying the information directly via psionic link the same as reporting. Really it's the way the sentence was formulated I'm against here. It's a human expression, much too human and nothing like what a zerg would say.