EVGA GTX 660 SC
4GB DDR3
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Planet Explorers (Holy Crap)

Post by cats » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Whoop, I've almost finished installing it.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:29 pm

catsonmeth wrote:Whoop, I've almost finished installing it.
great! hold down right click to chop down trees with the blue sword thing. it took me an hour to figure that out.
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:46 am

The flying things are annoying. SQUAH oh, you're dead again. How do you make things?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:37 am

I;m still figuring that out. Also, everything wants to kill me.

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:33 am

That is a promising sign.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:46 am

catsonmeth wrote:The flying things are annoying. SQUAH oh, you're dead again. How do you make things?
go to the lady and ask her for something to do. She will have you collect wood and then she will give you a shovel blueprint. right click it then click on the one of the icons in the bottom right hand side of the screen. I believe it's the middle left icon. Your replicator will open. Click the arrow on the drop-down menu in the middle and select "all". A list of things you can craft will appear on the left side. Since you only have blueprints for the shovel, only the shovel will appear. Click it and then the rest is self explanatory. You can put it in your inventory my dragging it down into the numbered slots at the bottom of your screen. You can equip it by pressing the number keys. Keep asking her for jobs and you will get more and more blueprints. Eventually you will need to find new people that know how to build different things... for example torches. If your crashed craft is pointing north, then you will need to explore to the north east a little ways until you find another crashed craft with a tent next to it. Talk to the important looking dude. He's a doctor. He will give you a job to go collect animal fat. Warning: He isn't very likable. You can go up to the other less important looking people and select "work together" and they will follow you and defend you until you release them by selecting those players drop down menus which will be in the bottom left hand corner. equip your blocks and right click to place them on the ground to build. This is everything I've figured out so far.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Got it.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Also. Bugs. I made an awesome base in creator, reloaded it later to find it had decided to flood the entire map to the height limit. Meaning I die infinitely. Stupid stupid...

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:07 am

What are the building controls? Because I can't figure out how to build vertically. I just put down 1-3 blocks at a time, usually not where I intended them to go...

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:22 pm

Laserbilly wrote:What are the building controls? Because I can't figure out how to build vertically. I just put down 1-3 blocks at a time, usually not where I intended them to go...
you mean when you are building a weapon or vehicle? click and drag to create horizontally and then when you release your finger you should have verticle control...

Laserbilly
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Laserbilly » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:52 pm

CommanderKobialka wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:What are the building controls? Because I can't figure out how to build vertically. I just put down 1-3 blocks at a time, usually not where I intended them to go...
you mean when you are building a weapon or vehicle? click and drag to create horizontally and then when you release your finger you should have verticle control...
No, I just mean placing blocks...

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:04 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
CommanderKobialka wrote:
No, I just mean placing blocks...
supposing you know how to place blocks, just move your cursor over the first block you created until the area you want to place the new block is highlighted green. then just left click to place. seems kind of self explanatory for a minecraft player with your building skills so im afraid i dont know exactly what you mean by this question.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:18 pm

although i like the game in general, mining makes me want to die. the area you attempt to mine looks nice and flat for a while then you realize theres a huge spike sticking out of the ground right in front of you. you just never saw it because it blends in with the rest of the dirt. EVERYTHING BLENDS IN WHEN YOUR MINING. when walking across my flat looking mine i often fall into a large pit i didnt see and dlont remember mining on purpose. depth perception is horrible.i dont know how minecraft did it but you dont get these problems in minecraft. anybody else seeing this?

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:55 pm

Yes, yes I saw it. And once when I loaded a map, I fell through the ground and had to mine a stairway up.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe