The ideal strategy game

Futurecraft community gaming.
Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma
Re: The ideal strategy game

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri May 24, 2013 9:20 am

I hate rock-paper-scissors, and therefore, AOEII. I prefer games with much more in-depth strategy and such. Total Annihilation was excellent in this regard, and is still a favorite. Supreme Commander 1 and two failed, but they tried. I'm looking forward to Planetary Annihilation now.

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Sat May 25, 2013 11:10 pm

Unit 340 wrote:I hate rock-paper-scissors, and therefore, AOEII. I prefer games with much more in-depth strategy and such. Total Annihilation was excellent in this regard, and is still a favorite. Supreme Commander 1 and two failed, but they tried. I'm looking forward to Planetary Annihilation now.

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT? O.O

There is 3 supreme commanders.

Supreme Commander.
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Supreme Commander 2.

Only the Forged Alliance is good.The community hates the SupCom 2 [Supreme Commander 2] because the system was all screwed up.
If you really like Total Annihilation,go play Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. Has the same depth of strategy but with a more better engine and graphic.You can put cheap soldiers on a transport copter. And make a "Ghetto gunship" that fires on the air.
You can put radars or make a visual lookout by looking the map or everything

The good of this game is that they give you tools to win. Even if the enemy be with a GIANT ROBOT FROM HELL,you can still win if you lure it in a hole,or if you narrow him in a strategical artillery fire.There is no rock -paper-scissors.
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Unity
IGN:Pat22 or something

Post by Pat22 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Personally, I find that if Sins of a Solar Empire were properly balanced ( Vasari are strongest by a fucking lightyear, culture is too weak and so the Advent are weak since culture is their strength ) I would be satisfied.
Although, if I were to make it my perfect game, I'd add a lot to it, like planetary combat for instance, so the battle doesn't take place only in space but on the ground as well.