Solar's PlanetSide 2 log

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112
Solar's PlanetSide 2 log

Post by Solar112 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:56 pm

Since there are 2 other logs, and I had some somewhat interesting things happen to me during this session, I thought I'd make a log of my own.

So lets start from the beginning I spawned in Esamir, found it boring after pressing 'i' every 5 minutes, so I decided to go over to Indar, where I usually play. I pressed 'i' ended up in the Feldspar Canyon Base, controlled by the NC, which turned out to have a moderately large battle going on, 25-48 allies, and 48+ enemies. I dropped onto a moderately sized rock hanging over the road leading into the base, so I sniped for a few minutes, died, respawned at a nearby Sunderer as a medic. After healing several peeps, I got ran over by one of our tanks. I healed some more peeps, followed a group over to the 'C' Control Point, healed more people, had a person land on my head, then I stopped. Apparently I ended up with 90 certs...
Here is a thing that's meant for a sig, but I'm gonna use it here as live(?) stats.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Re: Solar's PlanetSide 2 log

Post by  ҉  » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:51 pm

I thought you were done.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:02 pm

yeah as in "I'm done for the next three days while I stop being a little *"

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:07 am

I should make a planet side 2 log.

It would go like this:

Day 1:
I spawned

I died

I respawned

I died

I respawned

I died

I respawned

I spawned a Reaver

I crashed

I died

Repeat indefinitely
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Come on proto, no one is that bad.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:51 pm

Well, if the performance updates do what they say, I might be able to play without the terrilag I was getting before.

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:59 pm

Commander Error wrote:Well, if the performance updates do what they say, I might be able to play without the terrilag I was getting before.
I play on a AMD 6670, 8GB of ram, a AMD phantom 2 6 core and usually get about 40-60 FPS on very low.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:47 pm

Tell wrote:
Commander Error wrote:Well, if the performance updates do what they say, I might be able to play without the terrilag I was getting before.
I play on a AMD 6670, 8GB of ram, a AMD phantom 2 6 core and usually get about 40-60 FPS on very low.
I've heard people say on the forums that after the performance updates turning your graphics up to Ultra doesn't lower your FPS that much more than it already will be on Low. One of the complaints about the updates was that they didn't dramatically improve overall FPS, they just lessened the difference between high and low settings (they did this partially by making high settings look worse :/). Haven't tried to check that as I'm on Ultra already, but you might give it a go.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Tell wrote:Come on proto, no one is that bad.
I beg to differ
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:14 pm

Mistake Not... wrote:
Tell wrote:
I've heard people say on the forums that after the performance updates turning your graphics up to Ultra doesn't lower your FPS that much more than it already will be on Low. One of the complaints about the updates was that they didn't dramatically improve overall FPS, they just lessened the difference between high and low settings (they did this partially by making high settings look worse :/). Haven't tried to check that as I'm on Ultra already, but you might give it a go.
Yeah.

I haven't checked as far as trying to max stuff out, but the game actually seems to run slower on my laptop with settings that got me 40 FPS in the past.

Have a desktop that can run the game like butter, fortunately, though I can't run it and the heater simultaneously in this frozen wasteland. First world problems.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:33 pm

So, LJS got on, and I joined the outift, he revived me once. We fought over at Quartz Ridge Canyon, against the NC, which seems to be a popular enemy of mine, as I rarely fight VS, I believe the only time I fought the VS was during a three way battle over a Biolab I believe. nothing too terribly interesting happened, aside from me getting the Bolt Action sniper.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:52 pm

Friggin updates. I might be on tomorrah or the day after.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:04 pm

High Lictor Solaris wrote:he revived me once.
I did? That's good. I didn't notice. Way too many dead people there for the number of medics we had.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:38 am

Prototype wrote:
I beg to differ
I can confirm that being that bad at a game is possible.

Also, does PS2 have some sort of offline mode? I might download it for my desktop so I can at least try it.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:39 am

Daynel wrote:
Prototype wrote:
I beg to differ
I can confirm that being that bad at a game is possible.

Also, does PS2 have some sort of offline mode? I might download it for my desktop so I can at least try it.
Last I checked, it's a solely online game.