Planetside 1

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Planetside 1

Post by  ҉  » Tue May 21, 2013 3:38 pm

Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of its release, and it looks like all PS1 and PS2 members have been granted six free months of membership there. I dunno how to claim it, though.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Re: Planetside 1

Post by blockman42 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of its release, and it looks like all PS1 and PS2 members have been granted six free months of membership there. I dunno how to claim it, though.
well claim it soon!

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Tue May 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Only for paid PS2 people.
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue May 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Actually I can't anyway, because I'm not a member. This only seems to go to people who have purchased PS2, not free-to-play people. I didn't realize this until a minute ago, because SOE has been somewhat unclear about it. The announcement on the forums said it went only to people who already had PS1, but then the semi-official Twitter said it was to all members, and that seems to be the one that's actually true. I briefly blanked on the fact that 'all members' isn't the same as 'all players'.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Tue May 28, 2013 6:43 pm

what do you mean "purchased"? you mean accounts that have a credit card associated with them or is there a paid version of the game with free boosts and perks? >:l
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Tue May 28, 2013 6:54 pm

CommanderKobialka wrote:what do you mean "purchased"? you mean accounts that have a credit card associated with them or is there a paid version of the game with free boosts and perks? >:l
its the people who pay to be members and get the extra goodies and sales...

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:08 am

This is relevant again. PS1 is going free-to-play as of today. It should be available once SOE gets their stuff back together after their update today.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:03 am

Geil.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:57 pm

Well I'm a member so yay!

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:00 pm

hmm, didn't ready the last posts and thought it was from this year..

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:16 pm

Kzin wrote:This is relevant again. PS1 is going free-to-play as of today. It should be available once SOE gets their stuff back together after their update today.
What? Holy shit thats amazing, Were going to see a mass exodus of PS2 to the PS1!

Srsly, PS1 > PS2
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]