TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Unity
IGN:Pat22 or something
Re: TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

Post by Pat22 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:NC one has a pretty short range, 300 meters (flight distance, not launcher to target), and the missile doesn't fly straight after that; it just disappears. That seems to be its main downside. The TR one can fire 5 shots in a row, but can't dumbfire and seems to do really crappy damage, at least from what I saw in my five minutes of testing in the VR. I haven't seen much about the VS but it doesn't appear to be very powerful.
It doesn't do much damage but the fact it can hit a target easily at 2km distance is a pretty big factor. Get half a squad with them and you can vaporize tanks instantly from the next base over.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Pat22 wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:NC one has a pretty short range, 300 meters (flight distance, not launcher to target), and the missile doesn't fly straight after that; it just disappears. That seems to be its main downside. The TR one can fire 5 shots in a row, but can't dumbfire and seems to do really crappy damage, at least from what I saw in my five minutes of testing in the VR. I haven't seen much about the VS but it doesn't appear to be very powerful.
It doesn't do much damage but the fact it can hit a target easily at 2km distance is a pretty big factor. Get half a squad with them and you can vaporize tanks instantly from the next base over.
That was true of the other lock-on weapons already, though, wasn't it?
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:17 am

Naw, that could lock from 250 m or so.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:21 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Pat22 wrote:
That was true of the other lock-on weapons already, though, wasn't it?
The difference is that a lock-on weapon gives the enemy vehicle pilots an early warning that they are being targeted and thus time to react by either using flares or moving to cover.
The Lancer gives no warning and is instantaneous.

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:02 pm

How much does it cost?

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:14 pm

A thousand certs. Everything's a thousand certs.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:39 pm

March 23: Today I got 6 kills in one life as a sniper. :D There was a huge NC push down the bridge from TI Alloys to the Crown, which was held by the VS, so I sat on the hill on the TI Alloys side of the bridge and sniped all of them. Whenever I shot somebody, they took cover... on my side of the cover. It was awesome. I was a couple hundred meters away, far enough that I wasn't getting a ton of headshots, but six kills is the best life I've ever had. Eventually some @#$% parked his Sunderer right next to me and got out. I shot him point-blank with my rifle, but he killed me before I could get the second shot off. In other news, I love doing Instant Action as a MAX. The first time a few days ago dropped me onto the Crown tower, and I did it twice today. First I landed on the roof of Vanu Archives, which was NC. I don't know why it took me there, because as far as I could tell there was nobody around but NC, and not many of them. I only killed one of them before an NC MAX killed me, though. The second time I did it I landed up in a VS tower on Esamir, I'm not sure which one. The first guy I met shot me point-blank with a rocket launcher. I killed him, and then another guy, but then they killed me. Very fun, though. I have more than 500 certs now. I think I'm probably going to keep saving them and get a shotgun for my Medic, but I dunno. Any advice?

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Shotguns seem OP. It's basically OHK.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:59 pm

They're extremely powerful in very close quarters, but are completely useless at any range greater than that. Getting a shotgun would probably also involve putting some certs into my pistol so I still have a viable option if the enemy isn't close enough to hug.

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:10 am

I was defending the Stronghold tonight. It's in the south-east section of Indar, basically built into a cliff. The TR had a sunderer at the top of that cliff and were rappelling down the side of it into the base. I was waiting at the bottom with my Pandora shotgun and restoration kits. It was glorious, to the point where I pitied the poor TR soldiers I repeatedly and mercilessly turned into piles of flesh. Why? Why did they keep coming down here? The same 10 guys, over and over, at the same spots, only to get shot up by me every time?

Anyways, yeah, shotguns are very powerful in the right situations. Semi-auto and auto shotguns take 2-3 rounds to kill, pump-action shotguns take a single round to kill. In the event you buy one but find yourself wanting a longer ranged weapon, putting 100 certs into the slug ammunition upgrade will allow your shotgun to be effective at close range as well as long range, as long as you equip the proper ammo for the situation.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:16 pm

I tested out all the shotguns in the VR, and I can't say I love any of them. I can see that they're powerful, but I hate having to get right next to an enemy. I snipe for a reason. That said, I think I'm probably going to work on developing the infiltration side of my Infiltrator rather than the sniper side. I'll probably get the Hailstorm SMG, which will take me a few weeks of earning certs, and a few attachments, which will take another week or so. Then I'll want claymores, which will be another while, and other miscellaneous stuff like health and hacking skills and whatnot. I get to use a gun for all my classes that can equip it once I've purchased it once, right?

March 24: I spent most of today sniping, and I got a bunch of kills. Not much to say. I got four kills in a life sniping people in Snowshear Watchtower before somebody in there saw me. The stats website seems to be broken. It registers kills and deaths properly on my killboard, but not on the stats page itself. For example, my sniper rifle is still listed as having 20 kills, when it's actually 40-something. I dunno what's up with that.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:57 pm

i should probably go sniper as well. no matter what weapon i use i find myself trying to get long range kills. (which usually results in my death)
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:40 pm

I found out my Pulsar C is actually quite effective at 6x scope range, which I can equip on it. I made myself a "scout" loadout which is the loadout I use to fly up high to get a good field of view and cover my squad from up high and spot incoming threats from all sides. So far it's been most useful at tech plants where I can climb up its legs and hide in several spots. I prefer this to a slug shotgun unless I'm trying to hit targets a whole lot further, basically counter-sniping.

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:25 pm

I'm stealing your thread Jedi.

Monday and Tuesday were terrible days. Our platoon and squad leaders thought it was a good idea to repeatedly throw infantry squads against multiple enemy platoons with armor and air support across a wide open valley. I played no longer than an hour each day before logging off out of frustration.
Today, however, I played twice for a few hours and getting K/D ratios between 4 and 6. Sitting up high on a little perch with my Pulsar C and a 6x scope taking out fools on the ground. The NC's new phoenix launcher, as overpowered as it is, has a single flaw which can be exploited best by LAs with long-ranged weaponry, such as my Pulsar C or a slug gun. Once they start guiding their missile, NC heavies stand perfectly still for a number of seconds, giving you ample time to line up your shots and score repeated headshots at 2-300m and killing them hopefully before their missile hits something.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:57 pm

We should just rename this topic the "Planetside 2 battle log topic" so everyone can post their experiences on it.

Two days ago, I was playing y NC character on the Helios server. The popularity of the continent "Amerish" has thankfully grown a lot so thats where I decided to play. I'm a lone wolf and I dont belong in an outfit but I followed a platoon across the entire continent capturing bases and fighting off both the TR and VS. I think I'm getting a ton better with C4 because I took out several lightnings with it. I'm also great at flying however I still suck at dog fighting. Eventually we had almost the entire continent on our side. We were able to get right up to the TR warpgate but you will never guess who brought the entire platoon to a halt. One TR heavy assault with a grenade launcher was able to take out both of our sunderers and was able to hold us off until air support arrived >:( I got 40 certs that day.

Yesterday I played on Indar. The NC had already been marching across VS territory for a while when I got there and were slowly pushing north. I hopped in a tank and followed a tank line right through an amp station, and three small outposts. The new base layouts make it impossible to navigate tanks through. My tank got stuck in between a storage crate and a building and I had to leave it behind. Right after we captured that last base, a VS tank line showed up with several galaxies. Despite the new spawn room exits, we were spawn killed until we all raged and quit. I joined a battle at the biolab in the north west corner of Indar, the one surrounded by a wall. The VS had taken over the wall and had anti vehicle turrets set up facing inward so any tanks that were spawned were killed almost immediately. I got all sneaky with the infiltrator and ran from tower to tower sniping the engineers operating these turrets from behind. It worked very well and were able to get several vanguards outside the wall to destroy both of their sunderers. the biolab was successfully defended. I earned about 50 certs that day.
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!