TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7
Re: TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

Post by Avenger_7 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:34 pm

You forgot OP. Everyone likes OP.

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:16 pm

Cause TR doesn't look like a bunch of loons, and I don't like being a slave to a megacorparation.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Unity
IGN:Pat22 or something

Post by Pat22 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:24 pm

Keon wrote:Cause TR doesn't look like a bunch of loons, and I don't like being a slave to a megacorparation.
But you don't mind being a slave to a tyrannical government? Cause that's the TR in a nutshell. OP and oppressive.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:07 pm

Pat22 wrote:
Keon wrote:Cause TR doesn't look like a bunch of loons, and I don't like being a slave to a megacorparation.
But you don't mind being a slave to a tyrannical government? Cause that's the TR in a nutshell. OP and oppressive.
Nope. Proud stormtrooper here. May the Emperor's will be done!

March 15: My first day playing with GU4. I didn't notice a ton of differences, although having the southeast warpgate is weird. I don't think I've gotten over to that side of the Crown before, so it was interesting. We controlled the whole area around the Crown, though, so I did get to go and attack TI Alloys, which is good and normal. I played around in the VR area some, and have come to the conclusion that shotguns and SMGs are OP, and I need to buy some ASAP. I'm not terribly enamored with any of the TR MAX weapons, though. I felt like I played very well today; I got 21 kills and brought my K/D up a ways. I'm greatly enjoying the double XP weekend, especially with the vastly increased vehicle XP. I killed both a Sunderer and a Galaxy today, and got a ridiculous amount of certs for them. I'll have to get over to one of the main bases later. 8 certs for one base capture will be awesome. I earned more than 30 certs today, plus 12 that I got for logging in (not sure what's up with that, but I'm not complaining), and I only played in the actual world for an hour or so. I got 3 kills in one life as Heavy Assault. I'm very happy.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:09 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Pat22 wrote:
Nope. Proud stormtrooper here. May the Emperor's will be done!

March 15: My first day playing with GU4. I didn't notice a ton of differences, although having the southeast warpgate is weird. I don't think I've gotten over to that side of the Crown before, so it was interesting. We controlled the whole area around the Crown, though, so I did get to go and attack TI Alloys, which is good and normal. I played around in the VR area some, and have come to the conclusion that shotguns and SMGs are OP, and I need to buy some ASAP. I'm not terribly enamored with any of the TR MAX weapons, though. I felt like I played very well today; I got 21 kills and brought my K/D up a ways. I'm greatly enjoying the double XP weekend, especially with the vastly increased vehicle XP. I killed both a Sunderer and a Galaxy today, and got a ridiculous amount of certs for them. I'll have to get over to one of the main bases later. 8 certs for one base capture will be awesome. I earned more than 30 certs today, plus 12 that I got for logging in (not sure what's up with that, but I'm not complaining), and I only played in the actual world for an hour or so. I got 3 kills in one life as Heavy Assault. I'm very happy.
well... i sure do wish the nc warpgate has remained the same. sure we are able to hold more territory but flying through those canyons was fun.
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:12 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:You forgot OP. Everyone likes OP.
what makes them op? besides speed, how are they in any way more powerful than the vanu and nc?

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Unity
IGN:Pat22 or something

Post by Pat22 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 pm

CommanderKobialka wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:You forgot OP. Everyone likes OP.
what makes them op? besides speed, how are they in any way more powerful than the vanu and nc?
Prior to Gu4, their prowler could fire two HE shells, each one guaranteeing at least 1 infantry kill, before reloading, making their tanks the best anti-infantry tanks out of all three empires. All the TR ever had to do was literally spam prowlers and shell the hell out of spawn rooms to win anything. Now each shell's damage has been brought down so you need both shells to get a kill.
They also had the highest Rate of Fire weapon and largest clips, which, when combined with the flinch mechanic, gave them an advantage over the other two factions but mostly the NC.
Flinch is something that happens as you get hit, your character recoils to indicate pain. The more you got shot, the more you would recoil, and it's completely unpredictable recoil.

Their ESF, the mosquito, also has the hardest to hit hitbox out of all three ESF, making them harder to kill.

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:47 pm

Don't forget they have the lowest recoil on their weapons...

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:19 am

Pat22 wrote:
Tyranny by a guy who understands what a tax is is better than tyranny by morons who want money.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:02 pm

dang. well... isnt the TR warpgate in the south-west area?

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:05 pm

CommanderKobialka wrote:dang. well... isnt the TR warpgate in the south-west area?
Nope. Southeast now. NC has the southwest warpgate.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:17 pm

March 16: So. Awesome. I did better today than I ever have before, by a lot. I got 45 kills, and with the double XP weekend I got more than a hundred certs today alone. I had an awesome time defending TI Alloys, which was under attack from both the VS and the NC. We held it for a surprisingly long time, and nearly 30 of my kills came from that battle. The VS eventually took it because they had tanks and we didn't, but even with Magriders they had a really hard time of it. Also, as a MAX, I used Instant Action and it deployed me to the Crown, which was held by the VS. I landed on one of the platforms up on the tower. It was awesome. Everybody was fighting the TR that were coming in at the ground, so I mauled some people who had no idea that I was there. Eventually a VS AA MAX figured it out and attacked me. I killed him, barely (and it turns out he'd been shooting stuff down all day, so it was an Extreme Menace MAX kill, which is awesome by itself), but by that point I had little enough health that the next guy I saw killed me. I also got 4 kills in one life for the first time today. I haven't had any of the problems that people say they're having after GU4. Still haven't figured out how to access the Vehicle Options menu, but this was still by far the best day I've had in PS2.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:17 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
CommanderKobialka wrote:dang. well... isnt the TR warpgate in the south-west area?
Nope. Southeast now. NC has the southwest warpgate.
i love the terrain over there! :D however i think they should switch them back to where they were originally. the green land fits the vanu very well. the huge desert wasteland fits the tr and the canyons... i loved those canyons the nc used to rule over.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:March 16: So. Awesome. I did better today than I ever have before, by a lot. I got 45 kills, and with the double XP weekend I got more than a hundred certs today alone. I had an awesome time defending TI Alloys, which was under attack from both the VS and the NC. We held it for a surprisingly long time, and nearly 30 of my kills came from that battle. The VS eventually took it because they had tanks and we didn't, but even with Magriders they had a really hard time of it. Also, as a MAX, I used Instant Action and it deployed me to the Crown, which was held by the VS. I landed on one of the platforms up on the tower. It was awesome. Everybody was fighting the TR that were coming in at the ground, so I mauled some people who had no idea that I was there. Eventually a VS AA MAX figured it out and attacked me. I killed him, barely (and it turns out he'd been shooting stuff down all day, so it was an Extreme Menace MAX kill, which is awesome by itself), but by that point I had little enough health that the next guy I saw killed me. I also got 4 kills in one life for the first time today. I haven't had any of the problems that people say they're having after GU4. Still haven't figured out how to access the Vehicle Options menu, but this was still by far the best day I've had in PS2.
although i would have fought against you...i wish i could have been there! the battles at ti alloys are always so intense! the road is designed in a way that you get a sort of tower defense feel. heavy assaults get a long warning before an enemy vehicle arrives but if they dont take it out fast, half your guys die before its taken down. everyone is always squeezed into that tight spot between the buildings and the cliff on the west side of the base.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:43 am

CommanderKobialka wrote:although i would have fought against you...i wish i could have been there! the battles at ti alloys are always so intense! the road is designed in a way that you get a sort of tower defense feel. heavy assaults get a long warning before an enemy vehicle arrives but if they dont take it out fast, half your guys die before its taken down. everyone is always squeezed into that tight spot between the buildings and the cliff on the west side of the base.
TI Alloys is great. It's my favorite base in the game for both attacking and defending. I was a bit worried that with the warpgate rotation I wouldn't get over there very much, since it's now on the other side of the Crown from us, but that doesn't seem to be the case. :D