TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Re: TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

Post by Error » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:43 am

Might be on a bit. Emerald TR, ja?

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:33 am

That's correct. The Obin.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:35 pm

Actually, I have to say that what I've seen of the Halloween event has not impressed me. I'll still be on tomorrow for a while at least, but I'd been planning to give AC a rest for a while and focus on PS2 for most of the month, and I don't think that's gonna happen. This thing seems to have been done pretty sleazily and I really don't feel like paying seven dollars for a holiday themed knife that I expected to get for 1000 certs like the other holiday weapons--it's pretty clearly designed not to make buying it with pumpkin seeds a serious possibility.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Holiday events are an excuse for SOE to make cheap reskintextures to sell for quick cash.

You know what would be actually scary? SOR releasing a competent update of serious magnitude that actually improves the game. That would be scary as hell.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:58 pm

I just wanted the holiday knife, because it counts towards the black camo directive. That was my only wish going into this update--I don't care about the masks, or the pumpkins, or the title, or any of that. Just one more step towards the camo. But no, that's not really an option. As far as I can tell, it would take you an average of something like 600 alerts worth of pumpkins to earn enough seeds for either the knife or the candy gun... or you could give SOE seven dollars and just have it. So screw them.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:30 pm

I'll be on in one hour, but no promises as to how long.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:40 pm

Actually, it's the cloaking changes that've killed it for me. For the last couple of months it's been the case that people playing on low settings couldn't see infiltrators at all and people playing on low settings could see them exactly as well as when they weren't cloaked. Now it's the case that everyone can see you exactly as well as when you're not cloaked. I just tried crouch-walking (supposedly the least visible cloak setting) around a corner and was immediately shot by all 10-12 campers there. So screw this. See you in November, I guess.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:02 pm

Actually actually, one of the devs has tweeted that the knife and Candy Cannon are available with certs now. I guess I'll be working on my NS-11P Auraxium until the cloak is working better instead.

Error

Post by Error » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:11 pm

I generally play medic or engie, so cloak I'm not sure about, but it does seem to be approaching "useless" ont the tactical rock-paper-scissors scale.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:33 pm

If we had fucking backstabs the infiltrator might be something better then *Get SMG, Spray and pray enemy hoard*.
In-fact its kinda odd, Why the hell does a sniper have a cloak? He can't even fire with it on so whats the damn point of it?

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:03 pm

The cloak is incredibly powerful when it works, and I wouldn't trade it for any other ability besides maybe the jetpack. I think it was in a pretty good place before the patch; I could pretty reliably run around the outskirts and get around open field battles but usually not just run into a group of people without getting shot. In the past it's occasionally been really totally invisible, and right now it seems to be well into the completely useless side of the spectrum--if it doesn't make people not see you, it really is just a button to press to make your gun stop working. The sniper has the cloak because it lets him get behind people unseen and usually evade simple detection--unless you're doing serious countersniping, you're unlikely to be able to look at a hill and see where the sniper's shooting from. That's a huge advantage. Without it, we'd be prey to anybody with a Gauss SAW. A Heavy usually can't afford to ignore the rest of the fight for long enough to come track you down, but if you couldn't easily fade after taking a shot they wouldn't have to. It also removes spots, which is very nice.
As for backstabs, Higby's mentioned their new melee system maybe having something like that. We'll see what it's like in a month or so when it hits PTS.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:38 pm

After 18 months, I finally got the Auraxium medal for my SMG today.

Error

Post by Error » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:46 pm

(^-^)/

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:35 pm

*slow clap of aproval*

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:01 pm

K/D for the period from 4:33-5:18: 2.1.
K/D for the period from 5:18-5:57: 0.3.
:/