TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Re: TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

Post by  ҉  » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:37 pm

High Lictor Solaris wrote:It's Solar112
Cool. I'll add you when I can.

Protip: That default sniper rifle sucks. It is the single worst sniper rifle I've ever been handed in a video game. Try playing as a Medic; the default assault rifle is OK if not great, but you can get loads of experience healing and reviving until you develop the reflexes to be competitive in normal combat.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:36 pm

The NC sniper rifle is awesome, though. Frigging NC. OP as usual.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:00 am

The NC sniper rifle is exactly the same as the TR 100-cert bolt action; they just get it by default. It's awesome. It was the first weapon that I purchased and the first weapon I Auraxium'd, and it remains my most-killed-with gun. The TR gets the short straw with regard to default snipers. The NC gets the bolt action, which is a great gun, and the VS one is semi-auto but doesn't have bullet drop, so it's much more new-player friendly than the TR one. 100 certs isn't that much, though, and once you're past that bump all the bolt acton rifles are identical across factions. They're adding empire-specific sniper rifles next month, though, so we'll see how that goes.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:08 pm

I'll be playing for several hours starting about an hour from now, so anyone who wants to hop on and run around and join what outfit there is to join, 1-2 hours is a good time.

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:03 pm

I'm on. For a while. Probably.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:09 pm

Finally hooked up that PS3 controller, and its about as bad for infantry.

However, for flying anything ever, it is amazing, so much more manoeuvrable than a mouse, I recommend it, took four Mosquitos ten minutes to shoot me down, but only because I forgot the map the shoot button.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:50 pm

Nope done. I'm done. Completely done.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:38 pm

I tried to add you and it said something about player not found, which I vaguely recall from last time. I think you have to be online, unless that post means you're not going to play/join.

EDIT: Yeah, that does not look like a fun time you had there. It gets better, I promise.

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:52 am

Get on.
Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:51 am

Attempting a control scheme using a mixture of PS3 controller and mouse... will report on effectiveness
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:29 pm

Just lead my first 48 outfit person platoon. It was awesome.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:05 pm

I wish I had an outfit person platoon :[
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:49 pm

Returning this thread to its original purpose, today Sandstone Gulch Mining saw the craziest fight I've been in in a long time. Both TR and NC had 48+ soldiers, and we were literally all in that one building closest to the road, with the cap point. That was an absolute madhouse. I was getting four or five certs a minute reviving people while NC fired in through the windows and LAs came down from the roof. Only got a couple of kills myself, but still a really good time. We managed to hold the base even though we were outnumbered about 2:1 at one point and we pushed them back to Hvar.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:00 pm

These signature things seem to be popular, so here's mine.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:13 pm

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated. It's been weeks since I've had any luck at all in normal combat. I can still snipe fine, so I'm keeping my K/D up by doing a lot of that, but I seem to consistently lose every theoretically roughly even close- to mid-range fight. Today an infiltrator with a Beamer killed me from full health as a Heavy Assault even though I had my shields up, saw him first, and fired on him before he fired on me. That's the most extreme example I've encountered so far, but it's not unique. More than seventy of my last hundred kills have been with my sniper rifle, not because I'm spending seventy percent of my time sniping but because when I have my SMG or scout rifle I can't kill anyone and haven't been able to for long enough that it's really an issue. This wasn't the case before.