TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF
Re: TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:38 am

Kdapt-Preacher wrote:
Daynel wrote:I assume if I did have the internet to play PS2 I'd have a kill/death ratio of 3/793 within an hour.
I'm not sure it's even possible to be killed that fast. That's a death every 4.54 seconds. Revives with a maxed-out medigun take 4 seconds, so TTK + downtime (lag, reflexes, etc) would have to be less than 0.54 seconds, and that would be hard.
Artistic liberty, and exaggeration for comedic purposes.
How about 3/172 then?
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:10 am

Daynel wrote:
Kdapt-Preacher wrote:
Daynel wrote:I assume if I did have the internet to play PS2 I'd have a kill/death ratio of 3/793 within an hour.
I'm not sure it's even possible to be killed that fast. That's a death every 4.54 seconds. Revives with a maxed-out medigun take 4 seconds, so TTK + downtime (lag, reflexes, etc) would have to be less than 0.54 seconds, and that would be hard.
Artistic liberty, and exaggeration for comedic purposes.
How about 3/172 then?
That's possible. I was 6/124 after my second day.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:21 am

I think I got my K/D up to 0.5, once.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:53 am

This is a case where practice really does make perfect. It's been very interesting to see my stats steadily improve as I've gotten better at the game. The first couple of days/weeks are fairly soul-crushing, but once you're past that you just have to stick with it and everything improves.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:08 am

CMA wrote:I think I got my K/D up to 0.5, once.
You killed someone?

You must be doing better than me

I might rig it up to a PS3 controller, been playing CoD with that for years so I can at least aim properly.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:53 am

I'm BR 28, have a K/D 0.45, and my Score/Minute is 91.4. I'm also a squad leader in an outfit called RageQuit https://players.planetside2.com/#!/outf ... 5430137686

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:09 pm

Prototype wrote:[I might rig it up to a PS3 controller, been playing CoD with that for years so I can at least aim properly.
It's being released for the PS4 in the next couple of months. You'd have an awful time trying to use a controller on a server full of people with keyboards anyway. Even a mediocre player with a keyboard and mouse will smash top-level players with controllers. And of course there's no aim assist in Planetside, because with a PC you don't need it, but you definitely do with a controller. They're going to have separate servers for PS4 and PC players because of it. This is not the good idea it might have seemed.
Tell wrote:I'm BR 28, have a K/D 0.45, and my Score/Minute is 91.4. I'm also a squad leader in an outfit called RageQuit https://players.planetside2.com/#!/outf ... 5430137686
Gaaak, 600 members. Holy zergfits, Batman! How many people do you usually have online at once?

EDIT: Holy christ on a popsicle stick, that's an even bigger outfit than ODAM. There's no way I could stand that.

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:46 pm

I would like to join in this, I am still in the outfit. Of course that's if jedi will have anything to do with me.
Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:53 pm

Kdapt-Preacher wrote:
Prototype wrote:[I might rig it up to a PS3 controller, been playing CoD with that for years so I can at least aim properly.
It's being released for the PS4 in the next couple of months. You'd have an awful time trying to use a controller on a server full of people with keyboards anyway. Even a mediocre player with a keyboard and mouse will smash top-level players with controllers. And of course there's no aim assist in Planetside, because with a PC you don't need it, but you definitely do with a controller. They're going to have separate servers for PS4 and PC players because of it. This is not the good idea it might have seemed.
Oh believe me, if I use the keyboard and mouse any old retard will smash me, and all the games I use that controller for don't have aim assist either.

But for flying it would definitely be better.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:14 pm

Didn't we have a FC PS2 thingy? if so, may I join?

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:17 pm

I have an outfit called The Obin on Waterson TR. Tiel and hyperlite are members. Others are welcome to join, I guess, but we don't actually do anything. I think I fought with hyperlite and Tiel once each, and maybe Pat once? But I don't think we ever got all of us together, and I've been the only one who still plays for a while now.

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Gaaak, 600 members. Holy zergfits, Batman! How many people do you usually have online at once?

EDIT: Holy christ on a popsicle stick, that's an even bigger outfit than ODAM. There's no way I could stand that.
Usually there's about 2 squads up all the time but during OPs time we can get up to two platoons.

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:43 pm

Kdapt-Preacher wrote:I have an outfit called The Obin on Waterson TR. Tiel and hyperlite are members. Others are welcome to join, I guess, but we don't actually do anything. I think I fought with hyperlite and Tiel once each, and maybe Pat once? But I don't think we ever got all of us together, and I've been the only one who still plays for a while now.
I cannot figure out how to join an outfit. As for the not doing anything, maybe Saturday afternoon we could do game night on ps2?

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:51 pm

High Lictor Solaris wrote:
Kdapt-Preacher wrote:I have an outfit called The Obin on Waterson TR. Tiel and hyperlite are members. Others are welcome to join, I guess, but we don't actually do anything. I think I fought with hyperlite and Tiel once each, and maybe Pat once? But I don't think we ever got all of us together, and I've been the only one who still plays for a while now.
I cannot figure out how to join an outfit. As for the not doing anything, maybe Saturday afternoon we could do game night on ps2?
I may actually have to invite you. I dunno. Tell me your username and the next time I'm online I'll add you (we might have to be online at the same time? I vaguely remember having some trouble getting Tiel and hyperlite into the outfit, but it's been a while so I don't remember what the trouble was).

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:33 pm

It's Solar112