TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_
Re: TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:19 pm

So I'm assuming that at five you suck or all the good players get on.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:37 pm

Just had the best life I've ever had in PS2. Exactly 50 kills, mostly from a Spear AV turret. And then I got run over by a friendly tank, which pretty perfectly sums up PS2.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:47 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:Just had the best life I've ever had in PS2. Exactly 50 kills, mostly from a Spear AV turret. And then I got run over by a friendly tank, which pretty perfectly sums up PS2.
Yep, Sounds pretty PS2, Get massive killstreak then get team-killed by accident.
Did he at least say sorry?

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Shadowcat wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:Just had the best life I've ever had in PS2. Exactly 50 kills, mostly from a Spear AV turret. And then I got run over by a friendly tank, which pretty perfectly sums up PS2.
Yep, Sounds pretty PS2, Get massive killstreak then get team-killed by accident.
Did he at least say sorry?
Nothing. Some asshole BR20. I've already looked him up, he's a net producer of TKs, to the surprise of no-one here. Just an idiot who pulled a tank he didn't know how to drive.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:02 pm

PlanetSide 2: when every army recruits people who can't even tell brake from gas.

At least you managed to purge a bunch of heretical / terrorist scum.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:01 pm

T.O. Bright wrote:PlanetSide 2: when every army recruits people who can't even tell brake from gas.

At least you managed to purge a bunch of heretical / terrorist scum.
NC. Bunch of NC pushing from Tawdrich Depot to the tech plant, so I went on ahead and got one of the upper AV turrets ready. 39 kills in 13 minutes, with assorted Vanguards and Sunderers mixed in. It was beautiful. I felt really dirty afterwards, because I hate people who do that, but still. The other 11 kills were long-range sniping from Tawdrich Recycling up to the cliffs by Red Ridge Comms. I'm disappointed that I didn't get a screenshot of the death screen, though; I accidentally clicked and skipped past it.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:37 pm

AV turrets are beautiful. Its a shame they never seemed to be fully manned during defenses though.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:45 am

Shadowcat wrote:AV turrets are beautiful. Its a shame they never seemed to be fully manned during defenses though.
Usually they get blown up really fast. The ones up on top of tech plants are just about the only exception to that, because they're too high for HAs to easily hit with rocket launchers. Even so I had to get out to repair it several times.The problem with that is that that area is porous enough that there are usually enemy Infiltrators up there; my killstreak began with me shotgunning the Stalker who killed me while I was repping the turret after the previous go.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:26 pm

Yeah, walls kinda suck at there job in PS2

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 pm

K/D earlier: 5.1
K/D now: 0.8

Sometimes this game really frustrates me.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:08 pm

Got my SOAS-20 Auraxium today.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:06 pm

Things that are stupid and OP and should be nerfed to hell:
Tanks
Planes
The Airhammer
The Lasher
Heavy Assaults
VS LMGs
NC LMGs
NC SMGs
Probably the CQC BASRs, because I love mine but they're really good
NC SMGs again (seriously, screw those things. SMG ranking in PS2 goes NC > NC > VS > TR > TR > VS, from best to worst. There's no damn reason for that.)
Light Assaults

Things that should be buffed:
The cloak (I killed a VS infiltrator from probably 150 meters today because I could see him perfectly well even with the cloak. That's messed up.)
Probably semi-auto scout/sniper rifles (don't have the range to compete with BASRs but don't have the DPS/hipfire/mag size to compete with automatics)
Probably VS assault rifles, which seem pretty weak compare to TR/NC ones

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:29 pm

I approve the above list, with the caveat aircraft HP isn't nerfed along with their guns.

Also, air-to-air should be short and brutal. As in, flares are standard and AA missiles are nearly one-shots.

(It's a relatively fragile craft v. a weapon with a several-dozen-kilo explosive.)

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:41 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote: The Lasher
Heavy Assaults
VS LMGs
Never.

cannonfodder

Post by cannonfodder » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:44 pm

It's natural that some weapons are going to surpass others.