Planetside 1

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Planetside 1

Post by  ҉  » Tue May 21, 2013 3:38 pm

Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of its release, and it looks like all PS1 and PS2 members have been granted six free months of membership there. I dunno how to claim it, though.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Re: Planetside 1

Post by blockman42 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of its release, and it looks like all PS1 and PS2 members have been granted six free months of membership there. I dunno how to claim it, though.
well claim it soon!

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Tue May 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Only for paid PS2 people.
Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue May 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Actually I can't anyway, because I'm not a member. This only seems to go to people who have purchased PS2, not free-to-play people. I didn't realize this until a minute ago, because SOE has been somewhat unclear about it. The announcement on the forums said it went only to people who already had PS1, but then the semi-official Twitter said it was to all members, and that seems to be the one that's actually true. I briefly blanked on the fact that 'all members' isn't the same as 'all players'.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Tue May 28, 2013 6:43 pm

what do you mean "purchased"? you mean accounts that have a credit card associated with them or is there a paid version of the game with free boosts and perks? >:l
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Tue May 28, 2013 6:54 pm

CommanderKobialka wrote:what do you mean "purchased"? you mean accounts that have a credit card associated with them or is there a paid version of the game with free boosts and perks? >:l
its the people who pay to be members and get the extra goodies and sales...